WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Question about the Blackshield

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  koolpep 
#1 ·
BLUF: Does anyone know if the Blackshield has a pseudo-integrated style strap? It looks like the case extends to in between the lugs. If I were to take the stock strap off, would I be restricted in the kinds of straps I use on it?

Hi everyone.
I'm looking at getting a Tudor Fastrider Blackshield in black/white. But the thing that is holding me back is how the case is shaped. Is the case extended in between the lugs? It looks to me like they tried to incorporate an "endlink" into the case, but without using a bracelet. I really like swapping out various NATO, and two-piece straps, and if I'm limited to just the strap they ship with, I'd probably pass on it.

I have a red Fastrider Chrono 42000 (pictured) that I really like. But the Blackshield line looks like the case is shaped differently. It'd bum me out because I think this is one of the best chronos I have, and I'd be absolutely over the moon if I could get the weight reduction of a ceramic case and keep the legibility in the black/white.

Thanks for reading, y'all!
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Wrist Fashion accessory

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
EDIT:

Sorry - disregards my below answer I mixed up the model. Apologies.

For the Fastrider Blackshield you do not have the metal extension thing:

Analog watch Watch Red Strap Fashion accessory

Watch Strap Brown Khaki Analog watch

The lugs are 24mm as far as I know on the Blackshield - I am myself interested in this watch.... I tried it on once and it felt amazingly nice on the wrist with the ceramic case and rubber strap....much better than I thought....
This gentlemen from scottishwatches.com has one and says it has plenty of strap options:

So - maybe you can ask him on instagram if NATO straps are an issue....

Original (wrong answer below):

Hi!!

No it's not extended. The leather strap has a small metal part that "extends" the case but the case is "normal" with the lugs poking out.

The red part is part of the leather strap and can be removed leaving a nice clean look.

Here from behind you can see the metal part a bit...
Watch accessory Watch Metal Silver Titanium

If you look closely you can see that the part connecting between the lugs in these two photos is different (same watch)...as it is part of the strap / bracelet. You can put any normal strap on the watch if you like.

Watch Analog watch Blue Watch accessory Strap

Watch Analog watch Wrist Watch accessory Fashion accessory

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.