WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Question about Rolex in jomashop.

8K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  chefmhf 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I wanna buy a rolex Rolex Submariner with date from jomashop. Do I need to chat with the jomashop to get a better price? What is the best price I can get? Or just wait for next Rolex sale?

Thanks!

#6 ·
echoing above comments... joma doesn't discount enough to warrant the purchase... you could get lucky once in a while, like in christmas they had 114060's for $5.5K on their ebay page.

#7 ·
You can always 'live chat' with them or simply call ... you don't get if you don't ask! I've contacted one of their competitors in the past (starts with Gem) & made them an offer.

Did it twice, in fact. They accepted one offer & declined on another.

I think at that price level though, I'd be seeing what a couple of A/D's would do. The original warranty & on-going face-to-face relationship are worth at least a 5% difference,

if not more, in my estimation. It's going to need service somewhere down the road, hopefully not warranty service, & I'm sure a relationship helps.

#10 ·
Thanks for the reply, Ss. My very inexpert opinion is that one of the great things about Rolex is that they have such pricing power that GM sellers generally offer an almost meaningless discount. It makes the decision to go AD and get all the perks of that easy to make. The downside of course is the high price, but it's worth something to have the peace of mind of just not having to do all the hand-wringing over the GM or AD question.

#18 · (Edited)
This is great advice. I'm about to buy a 14060 from a seller online, but when I was looking around, I got super excited when I googled "x-amount cad to usd" and saw how cheap it was. Then I realized that they wouldn't ship it to the US and I'm in Houston, which is a bit of a drive.

As for AD relationship, I spent some time talking to an AD in my area and he wouldn't do anything for me. He offered me 30% down and 12 month financing for an 114060, but wouldn't budge on $7k plus tax. All i asked for was a discount that covered the sales tax and he wouldn't hear it. I bought my wife's wedding ring there for $8,000, but he didn't seem to care. It worked out better that way, since I found out that I prefer the 14060 way more than the 114060.

#19 ·
I've had positive experiences with joma in the past, but wouldn't waste my time to get a tiny discount on a Rolex sport model, just call your local AD and tell them you are serious about buying, can give them credit card info over the phone, but need to know their best price or you're calling the next store. It's actually even better to call an out of state AD because you can avoid paying sales tax and they'll probably fedex you the watch for $40-50.

#20 ·
I've bought two watches from Jomashop. Omega Seamaster Professional 2220.80 in 2008, I think, and Baume & Mercier Hampton last week. While I have not shopped them for Rolex, I can say that both transactions were very easy and at a steep discount (79% on the B&M due to daily deal). To me, if the discount is not significant go to the AD. However, when going to the AD, remember you have to deal with taxes. In Texas, that's 8.25%. When buying from Jomashop there is no tax for a Texas resident and they ship for free.

I guess what I'm suggesting is to consider the total cost, not just the sale price when dealing with JS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.