WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Question about Singapore's availability and prices

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  BBCDoc 
#1 ·
Hello WUS,

I've done some research about Singapore's availability and prices but I wish to confirm with people that are more informed than I am.

I'm personally not sure about Singapore's AD availability as I've never looked at it myself. But I've looked at forums, second hand Rolex & Lange's prices in Singapore, but they have shown to be even higher in prices as compared to Japan.

Can anyone confirm with what I've found is correct? Have already planned to visit as many ADs along Orchard Road, but would anyone recommend any good places that I should pay visit to while I go Singapore other than Far East Plaza for second hand watches?

#2 · (Edited)
It's the availability that's going to be the issue. I think it's a world wide shortage of the SS sports models. If that's the case, that will result in higher prices.

Reactions: 5959HH
#4 · (Edited)
I love in Singapore, and go to Japan for business many times a year.

Prices in Singapore can be lower than Japan, depending on the exchange rate. There is no difference in product scarcity in the ADs.

If you look at the secondary market, the prices for Rolex are generally cheaper than Japan.**

Japan is cheaper for almost all other Brand’s - I nearly pulled the trigger on a Bvlgari, ended up with Grand Seiko instead.

**initially I indicated Omega was cheaper in Singapore. Correction, that is not the case, only Rolex is cheaper in Singapore - dependent on forex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
I was there last year, no SS models available at ADs. Grey dealers had almost anything, but prices were wild. People's Park Complex in Chinatown had several second hand shops with varying selections of sports models, but I don't have any experience to recommend any of them. Still fun places to browse.

Have already planned to visit as many ADs along Orchard Road, but would anyone recommend any good places that I should pay visit to while I go Singapore other than Far East Plaza for second hand watches?
I was looking for a Seiko Turtle, and found a much better deal from Jurong compared to Orchard Road prices.

#6 ·
Which model are you looking for? I visit the ADs quite regularly and almost all of them have nothing I desire.

2 ADs have shown some promise:

The Rolex boutique at Ion has, on occasion, had some Milgauss and Explorer 1s and 2s inside the display cases, not to mention some of the not so easy to find OP39s.

Kee Hing Hung over at Chinatown has by far the widest selection of models I have ever seen in an AD. No SS sports, but a good number of TT sports including Subs, and a lot of PM Daytonas.

I dont know about the second hand market, but Seasons Time over at Vivocity is worth a look (but not necessarily buy). I almost bought a BLNR from them back when gray market value was at sgd$13000 - it now goes for $21000 in some places.

All other ADs have 100% only ever had DJs inside their display cases.

#7 ·
I was just in the Bencoolen Shopping mall today, and there is a new Grey Dealer for mainly Rolex, but also carry other typical high end Brands.

It is phenomenal how many Rolex sport models this shop has, Daytona’s, Sky dwellers, GMT and Subs. All there.

Scarcity in ADs? These grey dealers hold all the stock...

Prices are typical of the market. What would be interesting is if they are moving stock at these prices. If not, then lots of fun paying Singapore rent.

#12 ·
Congratulations on the family milestones! Worthy of celebration!

Only in the display case of Changi Airport T3 - Not For Sale

In the ADs, it has been 5 years since I was offered a Batman GMT in the VivoCity AD.

In Singapore, you will have to go to grey dealers for Sub ND brand new, the majority are trustworthy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.