WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Real choices at AD

2K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  Nikrnic 
#1 ·
I have come across a boutique in Myanmar with the following:

1) Datejust 41 Wimbledon in steel jubilee bracelet
2) Sky Dweller two tone black dial
3) Daytona 116503 two tone champagne and diamond dial

All are going slight above MSRP. Nonetheless, I haven’t seen these models in the shops for the last 2 years...

What would you choose and why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
In the US, these are not difficult to come by, I've seen them several times in the last year.

If you are to buy one of them, pick the one you love and want to wear daily. If the thought of scarcity is your motivation, avoid.

Reactions: Tat2 and solesman
#3 ·
I wouldn't choose any of them. The reason being, they are not models I find interesting/attractive.
I'm sure some people are quite easy, as to what they wear on their wrist, as long as it's a Rolex. Not me though, I'm quite fussy as to what I'd wear.

#4 ·
Agreed. They might be right for somebody else, but those models don't suit me and I'd rather stick with whatever I'm already wearing.

1. I don't like the roman numerals or the gray dial, and I especially don't like the single, lonely stick index at 9:00.
2. The Sky Dweller's off-center GMT wheel makes me dizzy and I don't like how it cuts off the indices because it makes them seem to point in the wrong directions.
3. I generally don't like diamonds on a watch, even a woman's watch.

#7 ·
Yeah...none of those. When I first saw the SkyDweller, I absolutely loved it, but now I don't really care for it at all...I don't like the GMT implementation or the fluted bezel. If you like one, go for it. But as others have said, don't do it just because of some perceived flipability or whatever.

#8 ·
One more for the dogpile, and I own a TT Daytona. Gold as an accent metal is one thing; add a champagne dial with diamond hour markers and we've slipped will past the point my personal gravitas can carry off.

Regards,
Alysandir

#9 ·
I wouldn’t buy any of them. To be frank, unless you really want one of those, neither should you. If you do, buy the one you like best. Who cares what we think? You’re not buying it for the forum, are you?

#11 ·
I think it looks like they were trying to balance with the date window - white blocks at 3 and 9.

In the end, didn’t pull the trigger on any, didn’t have time to go back after customer visits...

In all consideration, the pieces are available on grey market in Singapore, but this could have been an interesting start for a boutique relationship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#15 · (Edited)
I have come across a boutique in Myanmar with the following:

1) Datejust 41 Wimbledon in steel jubilee bracelet
2) Sky Dweller two tone black dial
3) Daytona 116503 two tone champagne and diamond dial

All are going slight above MSRP. Nonetheless, I haven't seen these models in the shops for the last 2 years...

What would you choose and why?
I think I'd go with the Sky Dweller. As much as I like the Daytona on-wrist, and although I enjoy wearing diamonds on a watch that I had been given for my birthday (which has basically become my daily, too), I feel like the SD can be worn all the time.

I much prefer some flavor of DJ41, though, but the "Wimbledon" dial I dislike enough that I'd rather buy a different watch altogether.

#20 ·
Excellent choice! This watch is beautiful in the flesh, and the baton marker at 9 is, as noted by a previous poster, to balance the white date window. This watch is definitely not for an average Rolex wearer that would go for a "safer choice". I would have picked one up, but there is no room for more than 1 DJ in my collection, and I already have its precedessessor, DJ2.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.