Recent 16610 Head Only Pickup - Looking for Matching Bracelet and Strap Suggestions
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Recent 16610 Head Only Pickup - Looking for Matching Bracelet and Strap Suggestions

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Recent 16610 Head Only Pickup - Looking for Matching Bracelet and Strap Suggestions

I recently picked up a 16610 K serial - head only - in a trade. I was told that it is a 2001 and the serial is in line with it. What I would like to do is get a period correct bracelet for it at some point; however, in doing some research on the K serial, it seems that it was a transitional period where they started going from the 91350 to 92350 bracelet. What I haven't been able to figure out whether any of the K's came on 91350 or if all of them were with the 92350. Does anyone here know? If the former, is there a way to find out which one mine came with via the serial number? Would a dealer or an authorized service third party be able to get this type of info?

In the interim, I'd like to get some straps to wear and looking for some suggestions. It's currently on a Barton canvas which is nice and comfortable. I was thinking a nice sailcloth style that's soft and pliable would make for a great daily, then a leather one as well. Any brands/suggestions to look at would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by timastyle; April 22nd, 2020 at 00:45. Reason: Adding more content in the post

Re: Recent 16610 Head Only Pickup - Looking for Matching Bracelet

A Rolex service center (RSC) would probably be able to give you that information. Where are you located?
    Seiko skx 171 modded
    Seiko skx a53 modded - currently for sale on WUS only
    Some G's + Suunto Core all black

Re: Recent 16610 Head Only Pickup - Looking for Matching Bracelet and Strap Suggestions

I'm located in Southern California. Would I have to take it in to them for the info or would a call work?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Recent 16610 Head Only Pickup - Looking for Matching Bracelet and Strap Suggestions

Talk to ABC Watchwerks in LA.

They do vintage Rolex restorations and will be able to help.

Good Luck!
    timastyle likes this.
    Free beer tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by jwillee View Post
    Talk to ABC Watchwerks in LA.

They do vintage Rolex restorations and will be able to help.

Good Luck!
    Thanks for the suggestion! I'll reach out and see if they can help in any way.

Inactive

I had K's in a previous life ;) (actually 3 of them have passed through my hands) they all had SEL which would support the 92350. Since it's transitional does it matter for you? 91350 used might be obtained at a better price when you are ready. For now, check out Windup shop .com. They have awesome vintage horween leather selections that fits the bill for that piece.
    timastyle likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MRWISENHIMER View Post
    I had K's in a previous life ;) (actually 3 of them have passed through my hands) they all had SEL which would support the 92350. Since it's transitional does it matter for you? 91350 used might be obtained at a better price when you are ready. For now, check out Windup shop .com. They have awesome vintage horween leather selections that fits the bill for that piece.
    I know the 91350 can be had for a much better price, but I just think have a period correct one would be the smart choice. While it won't be original to the watch, but if the year and model bracelet match, then it's at least correct to how it should have been or was sold.

Thanks for the suggestion on the vintage horween! The Moss color looks to be a good option and one I'd consider. That or Tobacco.

Any suggestions or thoughts on sailcloth? I've read that most are not true sailcloth and that's ok. I'd just be looking for one that is pliable and not itchy.

Inactive
    Try strapped for time, hodinkee or panatime. Good luck.
    timastyle likes this.

Glad that others could help before I came back. GL
    Seiko skx 171 modded
    Seiko skx a53 modded - currently for sale on WUS only
    Some G's + Suunto Core all black

Quote Originally Posted by MRWISENHIMER View Post
    Try strapped for time, hodinkee or panatime. Good luck.
    Any experience with a sailcloth that you'd recommend (or not)?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information