Recommendation: Rolex for me - Page 3
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Recommendation: Rolex for me

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Recommendation: Rolex for me

Explorer 2 polar model

Ehhh get the new 1262XX Datejust. It fits all of your criteria.
    Rolex Submariner 114060, Cartier Tank (wife), Universal Geneve Super Microtor, David Yurman Belmont Automatic, G-Shock DW5600E-1V

As someone else mentioned, you need to be a little conscious of other peoples perception of you with regard to your watch if youre in an office environment. Some Rolex are instantly identifiable as "expensive watches" by those who are clueless about watches and depending on your job it might attract the wrong sort of attention if youre in something like sales where customers may think your prices are too high if "he can afford a watch like that". This is where a sub or pepsi gmt might not be the best choices. The Tudor would be a pretty good under the radar watch as its a tough dress/dive watch and works with lots of strap combos. If you want Rolex then an explorer is a great choice with its classic discrete looks. The Exp II is also an option as its the least Rolexy of the Rolex range and has a pop of colour with the GMT hand. Forget the investment side of things. It will harm your enjoyment of the watch and youll find yourself taking it off on days to the beach to "protect the investment". Enjoy the watch and if you do well out of it in a few years time, you have a bonus. Your next option is sourcing one. Dont want to stir this thread into the usual silly nonsense about supply etc but its definitely something you need to consider, especially if youre after a GMT master II.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thank you for all your amazing feedback. Alright, here is an update from my end...I have ditched all the other brands. Because of the recommendations below, what about the balance of the Rolex OP 39mm 114300?

I'm not sure how my wrist size (around 7.5 inches) plays into all of this, but here are the top recommendations based on your responses

Explorer (214270) 8
    GMT 4
    DJ41 3
    Explorer II 3
    Batman 2
    Sky Dweller 1

Thank you for all your amazing feedback. Alright, here is an update from my end...I have ditched all the other brands. Because of the recommendations below, what about the balance of the Rolex OP 39mm 114300?

I'm not sure how my wrist size (around 7.5 inches) plays into all of this, but here are the top recommendations based on your responses

Explorer (214270) 8
    GMT 4
    DJ41 3
    Explorer II 3
    Batman 2
    Sky Dweller 1

As I said earlier, opinions would vary. My experience is even when traveling I’ve had little, if any, need for a watch with GMT function, and when I travel, I generally do so with a less expensive watch than a Rolex. At one time I owned an Explorer II but sold it primarily because I found I didn’t really need GMT access.

My recommendation remains the 214270 Explorer I that is my all time favorite watch. If you desire date function, I have a personal affinity for the Datejust 41 with black stick dial, 18K WG bezel and Jubilee bracelet that is significantly more expensive than the Explorer I. A less expensive option would be a DJ41 with polished bezel and Oyster bracelet. But for me Explorer I.

J Fix likes this.

I think it would really come down to the GS SGBE201 or the GMT Master II. Both are fantastic timepieces that will last you for decades. It really all comes down to personal preference.

Just go to an AD that has both so you can try them on at the same time...

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

For me it would be the Rolex Explorer 214270. A beautiful watch that looks fantastic with the original band or even dressier with the appropriate leather strap. And that smooth polished bezel takes it to a whole new level.

Name:  45185253-F7FD-4F07-B707-4CF7D57DA401.jpeg
Views: 10
Size:  1.34 MB
    J Fix likes this.

I would go for either the explorer (if you want something more sporty) or a datejust smooth/oyester (for something slightly more elegant).

With your wrist size, I think the dayejust 36 may be a bit too small and I’d consider the bigger size.

My main advice is to try them on as much as possible before making a decision!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information