Recommended so called 'entry level' Rolex
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Recommended so called 'entry level' Rolex

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Recommended so called 'entry level' Rolex

As per title. Don't have the money yet or indeed will for a while but what would you reccomend? Willing to go vintage. I seen a few Oyster precisions ranging from about 40 years old to 70 years old on watchfinder - would you recommend these?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Recommended so called 'entry level' Rolex

The modern oyster Perpetual 34/36/39 are good starting points

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Surly Troll, Rusty427 and Buick like this.

They are all exceptional time pieces and I would say that though there are differeing degrees of quality as you go up the price bracket but there isn't one piece which can be described as "entry level" by any stretch of the imagination.

What you may be thinking as "entry level" is in fact tantamount to the cheapest option I think. That would of course be a pre-owned Oyster perpetual most likely. The old Air Kings can also be had for not more than £2.5 at a decent condition. What's your budget, what is your lifestyle like (i.e. do you dress in suits more or casual) and what type of watch do you want (sports, casual, work, every day carry etc)?
    Current Collection
    Rolex
    : Explorer 214270 MK 2; Submariner Date 116613LB(luesy); Sea Dweller 126600;
    Seiko: SARB017 Alpinist; SKX013 Modded; Seiko 5 SNKL55K1;
    Casio: F-91W; G-Shock GA-110LPA-1AER;
    Swatch: "Just Paul" GE270

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

White OP39 is beautiful. Perfect for all occasions. That will be my next purchase... maybe in 2022 when everything dies down.
    sd7r83, Paulsky, Buick and 1 others like this.
    Collection: Rolex Submariner 114060

Unless you are willing to spend a small fortune on service and other miscellaneous costs, I would not recommend a 40 to 70 year old Rolex as your first. It might sour you on watches altogether.

Thank you for your reply.

I'd agree I was incorrect asking for an "entry level" Rolex, no Rolex should be considered "entry level", so yes, pretty much the cheapest option is what I'm looking for. (my budget will certainly be limited, around about 2000 to 2500 pounds? maybe a little more but as bunnswatch suggested perhap now is not the time to think about purchasing one.) I'd say I certainly dress quite casually and you'd rarely find me in a suit, I also have smaller wrists so I think 36mm might even be a sweet spot for me. I'd like the watch to be a daily - I've never spent so much on a watch so I don't think I'd take it of my wrist! Therefore vintage may not be the option. I'm in the process of thinning my collection of many inexpensive watches and I'm going stop buying so many of them in order to facilitate this purchase in future.

Thank you again.

As a first Rolex purchase, what would be the oldest you'd recommend I go?

Quote Originally Posted by Artking3 View Post
    Unless you are willing to spend a small fortune on service and other miscellaneous costs, I would not recommend a 40 to 70 year old Rolex as your first. It might sour you on watches altogether.
    This. Get something new or late model.

Quote Originally Posted by thomas1888 View Post

I'd agree I was incorrect asking for an "entry level" Rolex, no Rolex should be considered "entry level", so yes, pretty much the cheapest option is what I'm looking for.
    What? Hahaha. Don't worry about it. You were not incorrect. These are just watches; they don’t require you to be bent at knee. The term “entry level” isn’t a pejorative and has everything to do with a product’s relative price and quality. If there wasn’t an entry level, then why the hell would you ever move up the monetary ladder?
    An OP is absolutely “entry level” within the Rolex price tiering and there is nothing wrong with that. The white OP is the only Rolex on my radar and it is a master piece in my opinion. Anyway, there are OPs within your price range, especially at 36. There is currently an OP within your price range right now on WUS, but either way if you keep poking around you’ll eventually find a 36 OP within your price range. Good luck.
    Omega: Aqua Terra 220.10.41.21.03.001 Grand Seiko: SBGV223, SBGV205 Breitling: Avenger Seawolf A17330 Seiko: Tuna SBBN015, Samurai SRPC07 Oris: Aquis Damasko: DA46 Sinn: LE 556i Marathon: JSAR Longines: Conquest V.H.P. G Shock: Too many...

Found a vintage seller out of Japan. Picked up a 1942 Precision for my dad last year. It is his birth year, he loves it. Watch was in very good condition for its age. Getting with papers is hard. The one advice is if you don't know vintage watches is to try and find a local vendor and have the ability to authenticate the watch. Pay with credit card in case it is determined to be a fake. These steps.break my heart but due diligence can save lots of headaches and money.
    I don't have too many watches! I have too few wrists!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information