WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Review - My Tudor Rubber Strap [Brand: Vanguard]

13K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  B79 
#1 · (Edited)
I have owned my my Tudor Heritage Chrono since 2014, being my 3rd watch to obtain in my collection and then obtaining further more watches after it, it is still my favorite watch, due to the story behind it + Design/Build Quality. If Tudor came with a refresh with their new movement, Im surely gonna get another one, most probably the grey dial.

I love the Tudor bracelet, feels well fit together, but summer here in Dubai, U.A.E. gets really warm and humid, and bracelet starts to get uncomfortable, specially the days I have outdoor duties to attend. So, to solve the problem, I started buying nato's & perlon straps from different vendors for all my watches including the Tudor, though it wasn't perfect look wise (not very professional looking lets say and socks in water), but they where comfortable in summer.

[Check my Perlon strap review here: Perlon Strap Review [Brand: Eulit ]

While searching, I came across companies doing rubber straps that fit perfectly to Tudor watches, but I wasn't comfortable throwing that type of money on rubber strap, high grade leather ill do blindly though; I know its high quality but still. I have leather straps costing $200-300 but for a rubber strap? I wasn't sold. Till recently, came across this company called "Vanguard Specialty Straps", producing specialty rubber straps for Tudor watches. www.vanguardstraps.com

After seeing positive review from my friend and fair asking price, I put an order for a blue one as it would fit my monte carlo perfectly (look wise), and they are running a 20% off promo, so was a no brainer to try them out.

Their current line covers the following Tudors: [You can check their Instagram for their clients wrist shots]

• BlackBay
  • BlackBay 41
  • BlackBat Dark
  • BlackBay GMT
  • Heritage Chrono

(If you have any doubt about if it will fit your watch, contact them, they respond almost the same day)

They currently have 3 colors:

• Black
  • Blue
  • Red

Presentation?
The strap is presented in a very nice box, with 2 strap compartment for the Right and Left strap. I had some other straps come in brown leather bags or plastic, so the extra effort is always appreciated.

Box Material property

First Impressions?
The strap itself, straight away you can feel the silky smoothness of the rubber and the rigidity of it. There is no odd smell of cheap plastic. The size is 22mm at the lugs, 18mm at the buckle - (120x80mm as per their site).

Fashion accessory Jewellery

Fit and Finish?
Well it was designed for a Tudor, so yes, it fits 100%. No gaps between the strap and the lugs+case, sits flush, no wiggling, the straps sits tight and firm and easy to install.

Analog watch Watch Fashion accessory Watch accessory Blue

Fashion accessory Glasses Eyewear Jewellery Personal protective equipment

Those extended rear padding is what makes the watch sit on the wrist more comfortably.

Electric blue Technology Electronic device Material property Font

Buckle?
They are perfectly fitted (one of the good aftermarket buckles I came across). You will see their logo engraved on stainless steel, feels both durable and well finished. Although it already comes with a buckle, they told me I can fit the Tudor OEM deployment buckle on it, but I don't own one currently, maybe a future purchase to complete the look.

Blue Watch accessory Buckle Strap Electric blue

On the wrist?
Simply comfortable. It makes the thickness of the watch go away instantly, very light and comfortable around the clock. I have been wearing it for a week now, and can say I found my solution for the summer heat. There is no extra thickness nor width; it was built around the watch case structure. My wrist size is 7.25 inch and I'm using the 5th pin comfortably and there is 4 more pins available for bigger wrists (9 holes in total).

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Wrist Blue

Hand Finger Wrist Fashion accessory Material property

Watch accessory Watch Wrist Strap Bracelet

Wrist Watch accessory Buckle Strap Fashion accessory

Price?
The strap costs $120 each for whatever color you choose to go for, but currently they are running a launch promo code for a 20% discount (promo code: LAUNCHSALE), compared to other brands offering similar product, I fund their pricing fair for a strap produced specifically for a Tudor case in high quality rubber.

Cons?
Color variation, its a personal thing as I would like to have a orange strap, but they told me thats a color they will add in the future.

Overall I am happy with their product and I highly recommend it as I am personally going be a repeat customer.

This is my personal review based on my own experience, I am not affiliated with any brand, I just wanted to share so that maybe it can help some members here to get a better look at how Vanguard straps are.

Cheers.

See less See more
#2 ·
While it all sounds very interesting, it won't really work with the OEM deployant buckle...this rubber strap measures 120/80 according to their website but the OEM straps measure 130/60. What this means is if you use these straps with the OEM buckle, the buckle will be off-centered on wrist.

And to be perfectly honest that buckle looks really generic despite the fact that it's signed. For USD120 you'd think they can afford to use a better buckle with a nicer design.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

#3 ·
While it all sounds very interesting, it won't really work with the OEM deployant buckle...this rubber strap measures 120/80 according to their website but the OEM straps measure 130/60. What this means is if you use these straps with the OEM buckle, the buckle will be off-centered on wrist.

And to be perfectly honest that buckle looks really generic despite the fact that it's signed. For USD120 you'd think they can afford to use a better buckle with a nicer design.

Here is a shot of my friends strap on Tudor oem buckle, perfectly fit and flush. Im note sure if you thought it was the buckle that comes on the bracelet, other wise don't claim something without checking the product and how it is, I have first hand experience, hence my review, and I don't think any company will claim something out of the blue.

Wrist Arm Joint Hand Material property

#7 ·
Or are there cheaper options than RubberB or Everest? OP, that strap is gorgeous. Compliments the blue on the dial perfectly.
Thanks for the compliment.

I didn't see anything on their site in regards to rolex, but you can check with them.

#8 ·
I received my “Vangaurd strap” for my Tudor heritage bb yesterday! I believe the strap is comparable to “Rubber B”(for half the price), it’s fantasticly made and extremely comfortable.
But to be perfectly honest, they made one small mistake. The short side of the strap should be 60 but instead it’s 80, which makes it uncentered/uncomfortable to use with the original clasp

#9 ·
I received my "Vangaurd strap" for my Tudor heritage bb yesterday! I believe the strap is comparable to "Rubber B"(for half the price), it's fantasticly made and extremely comfortable.
But to be perfectly honest, they made one small mistake. The short side of the strap should be 60 but instead it's 80, which makes it uncentered/uncomfortable to use with the original clasp
Thanks for confirming my suspicion

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.