Rolex 16570 Explorer II bracelet upgrade
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Rolex 16570 Explorer II bracelet upgrade

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Broke the 93150 Submariner bracelet that was on my 16570 Explorer II (these were an optional upgrade at the time of new purchase to add the diver extension feature on). Have been meaning to have it repaired but with the whole COVID climate and life business I just havenít got around to taking it in.

The ExpII is my usual daily go to but Iíve been wearing an Omega Speedmaster Professional instead which after 15 weeks Iíve started to miss my normal one. Preferring a stainless steel bracelet I thought Iíd try something to get it back on my wrist:

The bracelet from my Omega 2255.50 SeaMaster Professional fits reasonably well and is an Ďupgradeí in the sense of solid end links and much sturdier clasp. The curve at the case lugs and end links are slightly out but itíll do until the Oyster bracelet returns serviceable:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by twr7cx; 6 Days Ago at 12:34.
    avusblue and mrtny like this.

Re: Rolex 16570 Explorer II bracelet upgrade

I actually love the 16570 bracelet. Maybe it just fits my wrist well, but itís my favorite in my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by EEWatch View Post
    I actually love the 16570 bracelet. Maybe it just fits my wrist well, but itís my favorite in my collection.
    Iíve never had one. The original owner chose the optional Submariner bracelet when they bought it.

I like like the old Rolex bracelet when it works (the rattles have a certain charm which has grown on me and itís so light compared to modern ones) but Iíve had a few reliability issues with it over the years. Mainly to do with the clasp which over time and use becomes loose and needs to be rebent back into shape at the end and sides of the flip-lock, to latch securely and tightly. Admittedly Iím in a hands on job, not an office job, most people would wear a Casio G-Shock for such. But the ExpII is meant to be a tool watch after all!?!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

that's cool. i would never have thought that they would have fit together. i guess the cases are more alike than i would have presumed. it is similar to when people put a chevy motor into their ford haha.

i for sure thought that you had put the glidelock bracelet onto your explorer. that is what i did with mine.
    Attached Images Attached Images

nighthawk77 likes this.

I like your ingenuity. Never would have thought this would work.

Are you giving it anti-rejection meds?
    Is it time for another coffee?

Nice work around OP.

One of the turn offs for me of the older models is the bracelets and clasps, interesting to see that it's possible to fit a current gen one too...

Haha! I like it

Good job making something work. But I think the original bracelet works the best. Just my $0.02!

Quote Originally Posted by razz339 View Post
    i would never have thought that they would have fit together. i guess the cases are more alike than i would have presumed.
    I got the idea from the Zealande rubber straps which sell the same strap for both Rolex sports models and Omega Seamaster Professional.
    I think some of the RubberB and Everest straps sold for particular Rolex models are a perfect for on the Omega Seamaster Professional cases too.

it is similar to when people put a chevy motor into their ford haha.
    I prefer to think of it as a Mercedes Benz motor in a BMW...

i for sure thought that you had put the glidelock bracelet onto your explorer. that is what i did with mine.
    Sadly Rolex wonít sell the Glidelock clasps outright which limits the supply and drives the price up - when Iíve seen one available itís about 50% of the value of my ExpII for a used second hand clasp. Thereís also not replicas being sold so buying used private has a risk...
    This Omega bracelet can have the Omega micro adjustable clasp (theyíre equivalent competitor to the Glidelock) retrofitted for about 10% of the Glidelock price...

Quote Originally Posted by leonator134 View Post
    But I think the original bracelet works the best.
    I guess Ďworks the bestí is subjective.
    From a technical perspective, no the Omega is certainly an upgrade. Itís a stronger bracelet, solid and the clasp isnít made out of a folded up come can.
    From an aesthetic and originality perspective, yes, the original is better, but mine is broken and going off for repair so not currently an option...

Last edited by twr7cx; 5 Days Ago at 07:33.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information