WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolex AD Discounting

1K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  Jason71 
#1 ·
I'm looking to pull the trigger on an oyster perpetual 39. They are occasionally in stock but the dealer will likely have to order the color dial I want (Steel/silver). They have a white one and another AD has a black, so they are certainly not scarce. They said they can indeed order them just cannot guarantee a specific lead time.

Any thoughts on if it's reasonable to ask for a small discount or will that just be met with laughter? Just trying to cover sales tax at least, which is 6% here in PA. I could go to Delaware and get one tax free if I can find one.

#14 ·
You can always ask, but don't be surprised if they decline. Don't think they have a hard time selling anything in stainless steel right now.
If I get flamed for this, it won't surprise me...

There's that, but asking for a nominal discount on a "luxury" item... I know I can't go there in my mind, so more power to you if you can. So yeah, I think it's unreasonable to do this for a luxury item. Especially with no leverage.

Reactions: markphilly
#15 ·
THIS.

Also, come to Oregon! We got 0%. (Just don't ask us about income tax...)

Attachments

#16 ·
I asked one AD that I've known for a while but haven't purchased from yet if they offered a cash discount at all. He politely replied that all Rolex products are sold at retail in their stores. I know that's not the case with other brands, even luxury brands sold out of brand boutiques. I would never walk in to Cartier and ask for a discount, for example.

After the comment above, I sprung for the white one because they had one in stock. The only 39mm they had.

I appreciate the perspectives and realize now that PA is not a bad state to live in. We have very low state income tax, too. A good excuse to buy more watches!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.