Rolex AD scratched my new Sub
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Rolex AD scratched my new Sub

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Rolex AD scratched my new Sub

Just venting. My new Sub wasn’t keeping time as spec. I contacted AD last month and since it’s open now, they asked me to stop by. I did as told and their on site watchmaker put it on a timegrapher. He mentioned it was running few (+4) seconds fast than it should and will demagnetize it. Instead of releasing the holder, he just pulled it out. I thought I guess they have a protective holder and thought the watchmaker know what he is doing. After he was done, we talked a little about watches and I left. Once I got home, I remembered what happened and figured I check the watch for scratches. Sure enough, there it was.
    I don’t mind scratches that I made, but damn your in the business of service. They should know better. Luckily, I can’t see it when I’m wearing it. Wanna file a complaint but..
    just venting..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ahonobaka likes this.

Re: Rolex AD scratched my new Sub

Get them to sign a paper that it is their fault. Then after 20 years a Rolex Sub AD Scratched will sell for quadruple the price :D

And cheer up, now you don't have to baby it - it already drew first blood.
    CRAZYBUBBA likes this.

Ouch - that would tick me off
    you should complain - that watchmaker needs to be told to do his job right
    and they may reimburse you or offer some form of remuneration/free service etc
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" Jim Elliot - Missionary, Martyr

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

My Seiko bracelet got scratched when it went for a checkup at my country's official Seiko service centre.

The best part is, I was told that the person checking my watch had decades of experience in servicing Seiko watches.

The scratches came from the "holder" or clamp. Didn't notice the scratches until weeks later. Didn't bother making a complaint because they will just deny it.
    Wujutiger likes this.

Yep I'd assume that's a problem. How do you prove they're the ones to put that scratch on the watch?
    Simon, Wujutiger and knightRider like this.
    Cauny Prima 56 4753 | Casio AE1200WH | Seiko Stardust SNK375 | Farer Hudson

Quote Originally Posted by Wujutiger View Post
    He mentioned it was running few (+4) seconds fast than it should and will demagnetize it.

What???
    Overwound likes this.

Ouch! I would not be happy either and sorry for your pain OP! I too don't mind scratches, but ones I have caused, not someone else!

I had an experience where after recently acquiring my Explorer, I was visiting another dealer to take a look at a a watch they had. I carefully placed the Explorer on the table whilst trying on the other watch and the sales guy grabbed my Explorer. Before I could say anything, he'd pretty much dropped it back on the table a whole lot less carefully than I did. Needless to say I left that store pdq, and they didn't make the sale. From now on, unless I'm dealing with a sales person I know and trust, I'll be moving my watch to my other wrist when trying on new timepieces.

I'd probably have to speak with the manager of that AD to complain - though I don't know what outcome they could offer or that I would be happy with...maybe a free touch up in a few years time once you have added some more love marks of your own?

I always wondered why Timegraphers have the metal holder on the unsprung side. One day I experimented and found out if you move the watch off the metal post/holder (even a fraction of a millimeter) the microphone no longer picks up the beat. However, 2 cents worth of electrical tape will prevent scratches but still allow the microphone to pick up the signal with no problem. There is no excuse for treating even a $100 watch like that.
    Wujutiger and abridgedcarp01 like this.
    ALS Blancpain Breguet Chopard GO Hamilton Hexa Hublot IWC JLC Omega Panerai Patek Rolex Tag Tudor Seiko Sinn UN Vacheron

Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk77 View Post
    From now on, unless I'm dealing with a sales person I know and trust, I'll be moving my watch to my other wrist when trying on new timepieces.
    Mine always goes in my pocket, putting a watch on my right wrist is so distracting I can't concentrate on the other watch I am trying on.
    ALS Blancpain Breguet Chopard GO Hamilton Hexa Hublot IWC JLC Omega Panerai Patek Rolex Tag Tudor Seiko Sinn UN Vacheron

How’d you get the dings below it?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information