Rolex case tube

Thread: Rolex case tube

Question Rolex case tube

Hi, I searched through a lot of threads and haven`t found the info I needed, so I just ask it here. Maybe someone knows..
    Does Rolex use some kind of glue(Loctite or..) to glue the case tube to the case? Not to seal anything, in case someone brings that up, but just to make the connection stronger. And by Rolex, I mean, on a new watch.
    And what do you think, how strong is the case tube anyway... has anyone bent one yet, because I found like just one post about it at all(maybe that means something :)). My OCD is kicking in here I think :)
    Thanks for the answers.
    the tik-tok of the clock..

Re: Rolex case tube

Schematic drawing of the Rolex Triplock assembly that appears to show the tube is screwed in with a gasket between the tube and case.

Quote Originally Posted by 5959HH View Post

Schematic drawing of the Rolex Triplock assembly that appears to show the tube is screwed in with a gasket between the tube and case.
    Thank you for your reply. I`m familiar with this picture but it says nowhere if the tube is actually glued to the case. I read a lot, that some watchmakers do use Loctite, but only after they have serviced the watch and nothing can be found on the original condition when the watch leaves the factory.
    the tik-tok of the clock..

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by joe montana View Post
    Thank you for your reply. I`m familiar with this picture but it says nowhere if the tube is actually glued to the case. I read a lot, that some watchmakers do use Loctite, but only after they have serviced the watch and nothing can be found on the original condition when the watch leaves the factory.
    I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Loctite were used as an additional seal but don’t really know one way or the other. Maybe a Rolex watchmaker will see this and respond. Until then your question will remain a mystery.

Thread Information