Rolex Explorer 2 vs Tudor bb
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Rolex Explorer 2 vs Tudor bb

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Just wanna know , size difference between 216570 and Tudor bb gmt ?? Does Explorer 2 really big compare to tudor gmt ??

The Tudor is tall / thick by comparison.

I’d seriously mulled both and, as I want a gmt in collection again, concluded i’ll wait and see if a BB58 GMT or updated Explorer 2 emerges as its anniversary is approaching.

Loads of good reviews of both on YouTube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Rolex Explorer 2 vs Tudor bb

Read my review of the BBGMT on TRF here: https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=626377

I found the BBGMT awkward to wear, but not so the EXPII (which is more comfortable by far).

I’m still pretty grumpy that the BBGMT fits so peculiarly — it’s (aesthetics wise) perfect for me.

I went back to this in the end:

thx67, Paulsky and Shockwave like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The Explorer II definitely wears smaller than the BB. Im a massive BB fan but the slab sides make it appear bigger than it actually is. That sounds weird but it's definitely a chunky watch but looks even more chunky with those high polished sides. Also the shape of your wrist is almost as relevant as the size so ideally they both need to be tried on which isnt going to be an easy feat due to the virus and Rolex availability. Both lovely watches but the explorer is definitely a better fit on me as you also have the tapered bracelet which tends to slim it down a bit. I almost bought the BB GMT a few weeks back but it is just a tad too thick for me. It felt like a planet ocean chrono on my wrist. Still a very cool watch though. Keep this thread updated with your final choice.

No BB GMT here but I do have an S&G which is close to how the GMT wears. The Tudor definitely wears chunkier, and the lower profile of the Explorer II, with the Easylink, makes it much more comfortable on wrist despite the slightly wider case.
    shedlock2000 likes this.

I was looking forward to seeing the Tudor black bay, but once I saw it in person and tried it on... was thick as kardashian.

thx67 likes this.

I bought both a Tudor GMT and a 216570. The Exp II, to me, was the keeper. Like others here have mentioned, it's the thickness. They're about the same dimension lug-to-lug, but the extra 2mm of thickness on the Tudor made it top heavy for me, even on my 7.25" wrist, and not nearly as comfortable to wear as the Exp II.
    Current: Ω Aqua Terra 8500 | Ω Planet Ocean 2500 | Ω Speedmaster 375.0043 | Rolex Pepsi 126710BLRO | Rolex Submariner 14060 | Rolex "Polar" Explorer II 216570
    Gone, but not forgotten: Ω SMPc 2500 | Rolex 16700 Pepsi

Inactive

yeah, I agree. I have the GMT and shopped the EXPII. The Tudor sits high, almost 15mm. The ExpII seems lower; even with the 42mm case vs 41 for Tudor, the EXPII fit better (at least for me)

I'm actually going to purge the tudor gmt any day now. going with a coke 16710
    Paulsky likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Phass View Post
    Just wanna know , size difference between 216570 and Tudor bb gmt ?? Does Explorer 2 really big compare to tudor gmt ??
    Tudor feels chunky vs Exp II 216570. On bracelet even more so due to the 22 mm end links vs 21 mm end links. The bracelet links themselves are also thicker when compared to Rolex Oyster links. The Tudors are very thick and chunky on the wrist.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Omega Speedmaster Professional 3573.50
    Rolex Explorer II 42 216570 Polar

Have both. The ex 2 is way more comfortable.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information