Rolex Explorer 214270 Leather Straps
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Rolex Explorer 214270 Leather Straps

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Hi guys,

Just wondering if you guys could recommend me a good high quality strap for my Explorer. It is the first time I've dressed my Explorer since I got it after getting over the fear of damaging the lugs during changing the strap. I have put on it a Watch Gecko (since re-branded to Watch Gekota) strap that was originally meant for my Seiko SKX013. It's a bit tattered but I can't help the feeling that my Explorer deserves better. You can see that the strap is wearing at the 12 and 6 o'clock positions where the case has caused a bit of friction. I really didn't wear it often on my SKX and for the £40 I paid for it I would have expected a little better.

Name:  IMG_20200411_175553_079_1586630096119.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  923.5 KB

I'm not a fan of the rubber strap aesthetic so not really liking the Everest, Rubber B etc options. I was thinking about maybe crocodile or alligator straps and it would be great to see some examples. I do like the appeal of straps that are curved so that there are no holes in between the lugs as well. As for colour, I like brown and tan. The strap above is a light tan brown.

I've searched on the forums (straps forum) and there doesn't appear to be a lot of content so I hope this can yield better results. The ONLY Explorer 1 thread appears to have some photos but hard to sift through all the pages. I prefer bracelets over straps but I wanted to try something different. I know i'll eventually go back to the bracelet.
    Last edited by MeiXiang; April 11th, 2020 at 20:40.
    Current Collection
    Rolex
    : Explorer 214270 MK 2; Submariner Date 116613LB(luesy); Sea Dweller 126600;
    Seiko: SARB017 Alpinist; SKX013 Modded; Seiko 5 SNKL55K1;
    Casio: F-91W; G-Shock GA-110LPA-1AER;
    Swatch: "Just Paul" GE270

Re: Rolex Explorer 214270 Leather Straps

Personally I don’t think the 6 digit Rolex models suit leather straps. They’re made to be worn on bracelets and they look odd on aftermarket straps.

However if I was to recommend any leather strap provider it would be ACollectedMan.com.
    MeiXiang likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CellestinoHernendes View Post
    Personally I don’t think the 6 digit Rolex models suit leather straps. They’re made to be worn on bracelets and they look odd on aftermarket straps.

However if I was to recommend any leather strap provider it would be ACollectedMan.com.
    WOW! Beautiful and the place isn't far from me either!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Looks like you may have landed on your feet then. Enjoy!

I like Everest leather straps

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk
    5959HH and MeiXiang like this.

Some Fluco straps seem to fit. I’ve tried a ralleye strap on an Air King (see below), and I know the suede Fluco is a little thinner so should be better at the case. I also think that Explorer would look good on a black Eulit Perlon (Air King shown in grey below).

Name:  90224D64-7152-4691-BD61-50DC18939A91.jpeg
Views: 133
Size:  794.0 KB

Name:  A8D69A90-79FB-493E-8FD8-62E8BDA52D56.jpeg
Views: 128
Size:  403.9 KB
    5959HH, MeiXiang and LB Carl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gmads View Post
    Some Fluco straps seem to fit. I’ve tried a ralleye strap on an Air King (see below), and I know the suede Fluco is a little thinner so should be better at the case. I also think that Explorer would look good on a black Eulit Perlon (Air King shown in grey below).

Name:  90224D64-7152-4691-BD61-50DC18939A91.jpeg
Views: 133
Size:  794.0 KB

Name:  A8D69A90-79FB-493E-8FD8-62E8BDA52D56.jpeg
Views: 128
Size:  403.9 KB
    Great pictures of the Air King. I really like the strap in the first picture (I see you paired it nicely with a racing strap) but I feel as though the Everest leather strap that's curved might look better aesthetically. I actually got missed the bracelet and went back. I was a bit paranoid that I wouldn't be able to put it back on again but thankfully after an hours worth of tedious work I managed it with minimal scratches on the inside of the lugs. I don't get how people can do this so easily and I have all the tools necessary including a set of Bergeon 7825 tweezers. I think the next time I attempt this I will take it to an AD who might be able to do a quicker job at it which might be difficult to do at this time but I just can't be bothered with faffing around for an hour getting hot and annoyed.

Colareb hand made in Italy. Brought a few from them, soft leather and hard wearing..

Steveostraps , Uk handmade and nice.

Martu straps from Peru nice quality

Some to keep you going

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Peace people

Quote Originally Posted by CellestinoHernendes View Post

214270 isn't your typical 6 digit... it's not a SuperCase model, so it features thin tapered lugs that work well with straps. Same deal with the current Daytona and Air-King.

Totally agree with you regarding the SuperCase 6 digits though. Wide, stumpy lugs work best on bracelets. And good looking out with the Collected Man. Beautiful stuff there.
    dfwcowboy likes this.

I second the Everest straps. I just like how they integrate with the case and lugs.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information