Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Rolex OP 39 Clasp Noise

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Rolex OP 39 Clasp Noise

Dude, it sounds normal to me.

You might be overthinking this.
    BarracksSi likes this.

My OP39 does that, but as per 6R15 depends on where the micro adjust is set, and tightness of the bracelet on my wrist.

it all sounds the same doesn't matter how loose or tight I wear the bracelet.

Like to hear more OP owners experiences, really appreciated it!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have a Rolex Explorer I which has a similar bracelet. It makes the same noise. I have several watches from several upper end manufacturers. All of them with metal bracelets make some noise.

Think about it for a minute. All stainless steel links and clasps hitting each other as they move. It's going to make some noise. If you want a silent bracelet get a leather, rubber, or cloth strap for your watch.

I know they do make a noise, but my Batman makes way less noise, there is no play on the clasp once close, but there is a slight play on the OP and produces the clinging noise regardless of hitting the blade of the clasp or not.

I tried the youtube link but for some reason no sound on my ipad. From the looks of you tapping it (I’m guesssing so it makes noise) could you stick a felt pad in there or something? I have an OP and never noticed any noise at all

Honestly, OP, if you're not happy with it, and paid full price for the piece at the AD, just take it back! There is no reason to go on moaning if you're not satisfied. Any business worth their salt should at least give it a look for you and it sounds like you have a fine relationship. At the very least, if you go back to show the AD they'll at least know about the problem should it get worse and/or hopefully give you some options to get is resolved. They could even reassure you (as agents of the manufacturer) that there is nothing to worry about...which is more than anyone on the internet seems to be able to do.

I hope this post doesn't come off sounding harsh; but if you have a problem, why not go directly back to the only people who might actually be able to help you resolve it.
    5959HH and monsters like this.
    IG: @Oedipusflexx

I talked to the AD this morning, and they said it's normal, all the OP clasps do this, some louder than others...I guess I just gotta live with it, it's not a huge deal because I freaking love the watch!

Name:  6A135EAA-5D1D-48E2-8D12-EF4A314726DE.JPEG
Views: 28
Size:  2.03 MB
    Last edited by shane.shepherd; June 12th, 2019 at 19:24.
    Paulsky likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shane.shepherd View Post
    I talked to the AD this morning, and they said it's normal, all the OP clasps do this, some louder than others...I guess I just gotta live with it, it's not a huge deal because I freaking love the watch!

Name:  6A135EAA-5D1D-48E2-8D12-EF4A314726DE.JPEG
Views: 28
Size:  2.03 MB
    Great watch. Congrats. Mine makes some noise as well. It probably sounds worse than it is in that video you posted because the sound maybe bounces more off the ceramic surface of your sink, and it’s probably amplified by the smaller closed space of the bathroom. Have you tried it outside or inside a spacious room? You’ll probably find it’s not as bad.

I would still double check for plastic - I know my AD did not get them all.

Maybe play with moving the micro-adjustment and see if that creates a change?

And does the noise only occur when the bracelet is slightly loose on your wrist, or will it go away if you slide your watch up your wrist to a point where the bracelet is tight? (EDIT: sorry - saw where you said it happens even when tight)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information