WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Rolex OP White - Dressy or Sporty

3K views 30 replies 23 participants last post by  omega1300 
#1 ·
Getting very close to pulling the trigger on a 39mm OP white.

Just curious how it wears. Would you consider it more of a dressy watch or sporty watch?

Thanks!

#10 ·
Definitely a versatile piece! Dressiest in my collection bc so slim. Also a bit of a sleeper, no one really notices it. Love the tapered lugs and rounded bezel. Getting a bit bored of the handset tbh.. lume is okay.

Ask your AD if they would order you an easylink which apparently fits like a glove. I've got one on the way. Loved it on the explorer 1.

#25 ·
The OP is neither dressy or sporty ... it is under the radar. A time only watch on a brushed bracelet is about as inconspicuous as it gets. Except for close inspection, no one will know whether it is a Rolex or a $250 Seiko.

Upon close inspection, one can see the difference between it and a $250 Seiko. Personally, I think they are beautiful simple watches and their simplicity is the appeal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#29 ·
I see Rolex watches as a luxury watch with a touch of sportiness.

Hence, if worn correctly and in the right settings, an OP39 can be a dress watch, smart casual and somewhat sporty. The blingy bracelet and polished bezel helps with the dressier/smart look like any uppity watch. The Oyster bracelet gives the impression of the sportiness.

However, it just won't do the tool watch genre as that is the domain of the Explorer II, GMT Masters, Submariners, etc..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.