WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Rolex Oyster Perpetual 36mm vs 39mm, what color?

15K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  Paulsky 
#1 ·
Hi,

I want to buy my first Rolex and I wonder what size to buy and also what color. Today I tried a 36mm white grape and even though I have a 7.5 inch wrist, it was fine. Also I tried an Explorer I and the difference seemed small. To be honest I like the white grape dial. From your experience, what is the best size to buy and also what color, thinking also to resale value? I see a lot of white grape dial on chrono24 compared to grey dial. On 39mm I found some grey dial.
Thanks

#3 ·
Best resale are blue 3.6.9 in 36mm and Black in 39mm. Both sizes suit everyone. 36 I think is the more classic but todays fashion is for the larger 39. Some think the 36 is now the womans size watch. I'm not one of them. The 34 suits the ladies best imho.

View attachment 14366215
blue 36 on my 8 inch wrist

View attachment 14366219
Exp 39 on same
I have a 7.25" wrist and I went with the 39mm. I was on the fence as well, the reason I went with the 39 was due to my body size. It's more propionate to my body further away view. They both looked great up close/wrist shot view.

OP39 in black

OP36 in white

Both in the same pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#17 ·
The greatest watch ever made is the time-only white dial OP 36. Scientific fact. ;)

Attachments

Reactions: 2dor
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.