Rolex Rehaut: Top or Flop?

Poll: How do you like the Rolex rehaut?

Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Rolex Rehaut: Top or Flop?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Banned

Rolex Rehaut: Top or Flop?

What do you think about the new Rolex Rehaut? I mean the repeated engraving (etching probably) of the word Rolex all around the chapter ring.

I personally find it ugly and very distracting. I also find it somehow boastful. I mean nobody but you can really see it but it's like people need to be reassured in all manners and ways that they really have a Rolex so they feel better. That's probably part of the entire "certified" and "genuine" idea anyway. Basically, I don't know how else it could be useful. It certainly isn't from an esthetic standpoint for it makes the dials easily too busy.

If I can avoid it, and I think I can, I won't buy any Rolex with this "thing". That probably means vintage for me in the future. I have a 1990 E1 and a 2008 SD. Both fortunately lack the Rehaut. OTOH, the little crown in the glass is kinda neat. :)

Till

Banned

Re: Rolex Rehaut: Top or Flop?

I voted non issue its not a watch I will be buying, the hideous cost of the news stuff and for me its over blingy yet generic look

I yorkshire I can buy a new tractor for that kind of money

Banned

It's really easy to be misunderstood. Obviously, if your main reason not to buy a certain watch is the cost, anything esthetic about it becomes a non-issue.

What I mean is: It's a non-issue esthetically speaking. It leaves you neither hot nor cold.

Till

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I actually quite like it especially the crown at 12 and the serial numbers at 6. The repetative Rolex just fills the gap between the engraved or etched as you put it. It doesn't distract me but I do understand where you're coming at about it being boastful...It won't stop me buying the watch if it doesn't have it though.

I find the branding in the rehaut ugly. It fullfils all the nasty prejudices that come along with many people, who never had a Rolex in their possession but are talking bad about them.

Though the Rolex engraving is already found on copy watches, I find the engraved serial number a very smart move in the fight against counterfeits

I like the rehault engraving.. IMO, it's very innovative and cutting edge. Rolex has always been innovative and cutting edge.. Keep up the good work..
    Current watch collection:
    Rolex SS Blk Sub-C V Series
    Rolex TT Blk Sub-C V Series
    Rolex Sub 14060M V Series
    Rolex Explorer II White Dial V Series
    Rolex Yachtmaster SS M Series
    G-SHOCK 1659 DW-9000

Incoming:
    None

For me it's a negative. If you need some laser-etched anti-counterfeit thingamajig, there are more tasteful ways of going about it.

It is cartoon-ish and detracts from the look of the watch. It detracts from the mystique and sophistication of Rolex.

James
    AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM - "I will either find a way or make one."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JAD3703 View Post
    It is cartoon-ish and detracts from the look of the watch. It detracts from the mystique and sophistication of Rolex.

James
    Couldn't have said it better.

I also think that it is near useless as an anti-counterfeit measure. I mean all it does is make it more expensive to counterfeit. And it gives away counterfeit Sea Dwellers that have the Rehaut engraving because SDs never had it.

I'd rather see something highly complicated done to the case back. But leave the dial alone already.

As for "innovative and cutting edge", what good is that for if it serves no other purpose than messing with the look of the watch.

The Jubilee dials with Rolex written all over them go in the same direction. If I want an LV monogram bag I can buy one.

Till

Totally agreed, Till. For some reason, Rolex has lost a bit of its way in this and believes that putting its brand everywhere on its watches, to the point of absurdity, is a good marketing idea. I find it sad and bizarre for such a storied brand to confuse quality with cartoonish ostentation. Like you said, there are other ways to accomplish the anti-piracy protections.

James
    AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM - "I will either find a way or make one."

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information