Rolex’s standard size for Oyster Bracelets
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Rolex’s standard size for Oyster Bracelets

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rolex’s standard size for Oyster Bracelets

Hi all,

I’ve recently bought a 14060M from Watchfinder with the bracelet sized to 17.5cm for my wrist.

The bracelet itself now doesn’t have any links with screws in them and I was wondering if the standard issue bracelet from Rolex is/ was meant to come with these extra links?

I know buying pre-owned often results in buying whatever the previous owner had it sized to however I’d be interested to know if I’m technically due any additional links?

Grateful for insights as always!

Re: Rolex’s standard size for Oyster Bracelets

At one time I owned a 14060M that I now wish I’d kept. My wrist is virtually same size as yours, and when I sized the bracelet to fit my wrist, I had two links with screws left to put in the box as I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by david92 View Post
    Hi all,

I’ve recently bought a 14060M from Watchfinder with the bracelet sized to 17.5cm for my wrist.

The bracelet itself now doesn’t have any links with screws in them and I was wondering if the standard issue bracelet from Rolex is/ was meant to come with these extra links?

I know buying pre-owned often results in buying whatever the previous owner had it sized to however I’d be interested to know if I’m technically due any additional links?

Grateful for insights as always!
    Easier if you told us how many links you have on the 6 and 12 o'clock side? There is no extra links. What you are asking is "How many links were there altogether?" The answer to that is, if I am not wrong, all watches come from factory with 12 links (or 13?) in total. It depends on how many got taken out to fit the wrist of the seller.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I bought a gold sub from watchfinder

they supplied it with 1 link missing

I tried to argue that they owed me a link, that the supplied watch differed from the picture of the watch when it was for sale etc. The pictured watch had the complete set of links.

When sizing they also damaged a screw, which they did send a replacement for. But they refused to send the extra link. "they are second hand bought as seen etc".

But thats what happens when they size it for you, they will keep one back.

Ive actually had 2 subs from them and both times a link was missing, the steel sub also

The only good thing I will say about this is they didnt quibble about a "missing" link when I gave the steel sub back to them after a couple of years.

So, moral of the story, watchfinder or any other shop, check how many links there should be before you walk away, and size it yourself.

:)
    Kasset1975 likes this.

Watchfinder policy is to size the watch to your wrist and they keep any excess links.

Reminds me of a watch dealer that sized my 14060M a few years ago and kept 1 link, giving me back only 3. Didn't realise until a few weeks later when I read a post here detailing no. of links they come with - got on the phone and got the link back with zero argument, but no apology. Bucherer in Westfield shopping centre, Shepherds Bush.

When buying a second hand watch from whatever source, it is common sense to ask how many links are with the watch.

A 93150 bracelet should have 12 links total

Quote Originally Posted by 5959HH View Post
    At one time I owned a 14060M that I now wish I’d kept. My wrist is virtually same size as yours, and when I sized the bracelet to fit my wrist, I had two links with screws left to put in the box as I recall.
    My wrist is 7" (17.78cm) and I have 1 screw link left on the second smallest micro-adjust setting.

All the way out on the micro-adjust I suppose it might be possible to remove all the links but personally I prefer the adjustability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In the collection:
    ♛ Submariner 14060M
    β SuperOcean Héritage A1732124
    Ω Seamaster Planet Ocean 2201.50
    Seiko Day-Date 7N43-8A39 (inherited)
    Guess WaterPro Chronograph 42mm (whole lot of history)

In the garage:

Porsche Carrera 3.2 Targa (toy)
    B9 Audi A4 (daily)
    B9 Audi SQ5 (hers)

Quote Originally Posted by CellestinoHernendes View Post
    Watchfinder policy is to size the watch to your wrist and they keep any excess links.
    Great reason not to do any business with them. You theoretically paid for all of it, didn't you?

The display of actual intelligence terrifies much of mankind

Rolex
    "some"
    Tudor "some"
    Damasko "some"
    Vostok "some"
    Hamilton 992B Railway Special Lever-set Pocket Watch War Dept. ca 1944
    Miscellaneous fine quality Stopwatches
    "Life is too short not to have a Rolex"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast