Rolex Still Releasing this Year?
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Rolex Still Releasing this Year?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Rolex Still Releasing this Year?

Tried to search for this as I am sure its already been talked about but couldnt find anything. Any word on if Rolex still plans to release with the shows being cancelled and factories being closed? Not that I plan to buy but I like to look :)

Re: Rolex Still Releasing this Year?

I assume they are postponing until Baselworld 2021 in January, unfortunately. I dont think they have announced anything that suggests they will be releasing before that.

Rumors are starting to trickle in that they won't be releasing anything this year and will just wait until 2021.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

more time to save for that 42mm no date Sub!!!
    brandon\ likes this.

I posted this in Omega forum as well, so here goes. Makes for easy copy>paste,

Just my opinion I doubt any major announcements are coming anytime soon. Apply that to every product and every company. Economy is tanking, people are scared to crap, morale is at an all time low. Even if someone released something it will hardly make any news and won't have any impact.

Marketeers know it all too well, right now everyone and will sit on the sidelines and watch it play out also hoping they don't lose the wager they placed when the odds made some sense.
    matthew P, One-Seventy and JCB43 like this.

^ nice uplifting message there Cod.
    Watch129025 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cod Holliday View Post

Just my opinion I doubt any major announcements are coming anytime soon. Apply that to every product and every company. Economy is tanking, people are scared to crap, morale is at an all time low. Even if someone released something it will hardly make any news and won't have any impact.

Marketeers know it all too well, right now everyone and will sit on the sidelines and watch it play out also hoping they don't lose the wager they placed when the odds made some sense.
    Totally agree. Not to mention that it may be considered untimely to be celebrating a new movement or case design when people are dying both in Switzerland and globally.
    Cod Holliday and Londonboy like this.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going

Quote Originally Posted by Cod Holliday View Post

I agree, and from the moment the word “postponed” was used regarding Baselworld I knew there would be zero happenings until 2021.
    I work for a Swiss Company and while we’ve discussed certain product and technology promotions we felt the timing was poor and put it on the shelf.
    Nobody NEEDS another Swiss Watch; and they know that....

We attend a trade show every 2 years in Chicago. The committee is terrified to cancel the show because the committee is the only group who profits from this show.
    Meanwhile, they’re converting McCormack Place into a 3000 bed hospital.
    5959HH likes this.

Ya I agree with all said above. While stuck at home I am reading more about watches than I ever have and was just looking forward to seeing the new releases. Its hard to get excited about buying a new watch right now though and I have even stopped wearing my watches out of the house for the first time ever. Just doesn't feel 100% right while so many are losing their jobs etc.

I doubt it, unfortunately. Similar to what was mentioned above, I think most releases of discretionary products (car models, watches, electronics, etc.) will probably be deferred a bit.

With Rolex specifically... my mother, who is not a watch person at all but knows that I like them, sent me this the other day:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In the collection:
    ♛ Submariner 14060M
    β SuperOcean Héritage A1732124
    Ω Seamaster Planet Ocean 2201.50
    Seiko Day-Date 7N43-8A39 (inherited)
    Guess WaterPro Chronograph 42mm (whole lot of history)

In the garage:

Porsche Carrera 3.2 Targa (toy)
    B9 Audi A4 (daily)
    B9 Audi SQ5 (hers)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information