WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Rolex Sub Purchase date 2 years off from serial #?

255 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  stamsd 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I have a U serial # 14060 sub that has papers that are dated 1999 for the sale. Most places I have looked, the serial date corresponds to a 1997 manufacture date. While it's an afterthought, one of my children's birth year is 1997. I was thinking that this should be a keeper for sure as an heirloom if it is indeed a 1997. Should I pay no attention to the original sale date? Thanks. Love it either way, but wondering.

stamsd

#3 ·
Yeah, it can happen. I once bought a new Exp II from an AD that was 2-3 years old based on serial number. It was brand new but had a few handling marks in places not covered by plastic....got a good deal on it, and that was back in '04 or so....sure wish I could buy a new one at that price again!!

#4 ·
Hello,

I have a U serial # 14060 sub that has papers that are dated 1999 for the sale. Most places I have looked, the serial date corresponds to a 1997 manufacture date. While it's an afterthought, one of my children's birth year is 1997. I was thinking that this should be a keeper for sure as an heirloom if it is indeed a 1997. Should I pay no attention to the original sale date? Thanks. Love it either way, but wondering.

stamsd
Re: Should I pay no attention to the original sale date?

Correct. Don't pay attention to the sale date if you want to focus on when your watch was manufactured, which was 1997.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.