Rolex Submariner Hulk vs. Rolex GMT Master II Pepsi 16710 (given the rest of the collection)
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Rolex Submariner Hulk vs. Rolex GMT Master II Pepsi 16710 (given the rest of the collection)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rolex Submariner Hulk vs. Rolex GMT Master II Pepsi 16710 (given the rest of the collection)

Assume my collection is made up of only the AP Royal Oak Chrono, the Rolex GMT BLNR (Batman) and the Omega Speedmaster Professional. Which of these would you add to your collection next, and why? Assume both come with full box/papers, etc. I'm just looking for some thoughts and rationale given the rest of the collection I listed.
    Current collection:
    -Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Chronograph 41mm (Panda)
    -Rolex GMT Master II BLNR (Batman)
    -Tudor Black Bay GMT
    -Omega Speedmaster Professional

Re: Rolex Submariner Hulk vs. Rolex GMT Master II Pepsi 16710 (given the rest of the collection)

Get the Hulk as you already have a GMT Master, and would you really want 2??

Which ones gonna win the wrist battle??
    BarracksSi likes this.
    " I am easily impressed by the best" - Winston Churchill.

"One cannot but admire the cold-bravery and enterprise of these Italians"
    Admiral Cunningham, referring to the frogmen of the M.A.S in WW2.

Re: Rolex Submariner Hulk vs. Rolex GMT Master II Pepsi 16710 (given the rest of the collection)

Hulk in your situation, although both are sweat..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Peace people

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Am I allowed to vote for Pepsi+Hulk and get rid of Batman?

If not, I'll take Hulk over Pepsi in your collection. No need for 2 GMTs.

Quote Originally Posted by mak1277 View Post
    Am I allowed to vote for Pepsi+Hulk and get rid of Batman?

If not, I'll take Hulk over Pepsi in your collection. No need for 2 GMTs.
    Haha, no. The Batman is a fixture and had sentimental value also.

For what it’s worth, I don’t plan to go in the water with either watch and if I did it’d be because I fell in a pool or something unexpected like that, so I’m unlikely to be anywhere near the 300m mark.
    Current collection:
    -Tudor Black Bay GMT

Quote Originally Posted by NYVirus View Post
    Assume my collection is made up of only the AP Royal Oak Chrono, the Rolex GMT BLNR (Batman) and the Omega Speedmaster Professional. Which of these would you add to your collection next, and why? Assume both come with full box/papers, etc. I'm just looking for some thoughts and rationale given the rest of the collection I listed.
    You’ve got a pretty diverse collection already, with a variety of case shapes, styles, and complications. If I were to add and was limited to these two options, I would go LVc in a heartbeat (and that’s coming from a guy who has two GMTs :) The “Hulk” would bring a lovely sunburst Green dial that I think continues to diversify and adds character to your unique collection.

The Hulk is super flashy, is that something you would wear often? The 16710 is similar to the Batman in that it's a GMT, but very different in terms of case shape and bezel. The 16710 is more muted(non-ceramic) and is more of a tool watch that can also be switched to the Coke or vanilla black with a swap of the bezel, so basically 3 watches in one. If you can get the Hulk for MSRP, that's probably the route you want to take and add the 16710 at a later time.

Quote Originally Posted by TimePieceObsessed View Post
    You’ve got a pretty diverse collection already, with a variety of case shapes, styles, and complications. If I were to add and was limited to these two options, I would go LVc in a heartbeat (and that’s coming from a guy who has two GMTs :) The “Hulk” would bring a lovely sunburst Green dial that I think continues to diversify and adds character to your unique collection.
    Well, the question is posed in somewhat hypothetical terms, so I won't take for granted that it exists precisely as stated.

I'll go with the crowd and vote Hulk, unless you have a particular GMT fetish that the BLNR won't satisfy by itself. I like that one better than the BLRO anyway.
    Is it time for another coffee?

Quote Originally Posted by BonyWrists View Post
    Well, the question is posed in somewhat hypothetical terms, so I won't take for granted that it exists precisely as stated.

I'll go with the crowd and vote Hulk, unless you have a particular GMT fetish that the BLNR won't satisfy by itself. I like that one better than the BLRO anyway.
    It is my actual collection, but I also have a Tudor GMT in the collection.
    Last edited by CMSgt Bo; 2 Weeks Ago at 16:39. Reason: Don't do that
    Current collection:
    -Tudor Black Bay GMT

Living the collection as is the obvious choice would be the Sub to balance it out.

Now, what I would do is the following as I don’t care for the hulk or Batman GMT much. I would sell the Batman, look for and buy a regular sub and the 5-digit GMT Pepsi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information