WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Rolex Tudor Date + Day

70K views 244 replies 70 participants last post by  PhillySteve 
#1 ·
Hello,

Any Date + Day collectors around here?

Here's my 94510;

Please, share your 36mm and 38mm Date + Day's with us.

With regards, Roel

See less See more
#62 ·
I can see how the silver stick hands against the sunburst dial could be hard to read. My eyes aren't what they used to be, and mine is pretty legible, but it's the black face California dial posted above, so has the benefits of bigger hands, bigger numerals, and the black face. Cali dials can be a love-them-or-hate-them thing, but they are readable!

#75 ·
Hi. It's simply a matter of taste. 36mm was the common DateJust size for 60 years, so it's about how you perceive what a watch should look like on the wrist. I'm 6'2" 180lbs, fwiw.

That being said, yes, there is the Tudor Date+Day Jumbo from the '60s that is 38mm, as well as the old 7020/0 shown above with the spinning bezel. I believe there are some larger models on the new "Glamour" line, too, but I'm not really familiar with those.

The cool thing about the 76200/76214 is that they're the same 36mm size as the classic Rolex DateJust and DayDate. To me, that's a positive.

#76 ·
The 76200 doesn't wear particularly big. Even with the bracelet, it's got a modest wrist presence, which is one of the things I like about it. The 76214 will pop a little more with the fluted bezel, but is still small.

Like douglasf13 suggests, the Glamour line may be the best bet. The older Jumbos are still relatively inexpensive, for some reason.

#77 ·
thanks for the info. i like the understated style of the 76200 vs the fluted. do you know the reference of the jumbo from the 60s and should i worry more about such an old movement and more importantly will a vintage cost more to service.can someone please tell me where they got theirs new, pleease

#78 ·
#86 ·
Thanks. It's a black dial 76200. They now come with the "Tudor Jubilee" bracelet, rather than a regular Jubilee or Oyster bracelet like when they first came out 20-something years ago, so I sourced a NOS Tudor Oyster bracelet to go with it (cost nearly as much as the watch!) I often find myself wearing it on a strap, though.

#87 ·
The 76200 wears just like any vintage Explorer or DateJust, and is actually closer to 35mm, rather than the advertised 36mm. I haven't tried in the BB36, but, even though the lug width is smaller at 19mm, my impression is that it reads slightly bulkier, but not sure.

Actually, here is a link to a video comparing the BB36 to the old Explorer (near identical to 76200,) to give you a size impression:

#100 ·
I found a Tudor 7836 bracelet for mine, which is exactly like a Rolex 7836, outside of the logo difference. There are both Oyster and Jubilee models from Tudor that fit, and many Rolex bracelets would also fit. The 76200 originally came with Oyster and Jubilee options, before they switched to strictly the "Tudor Jubilee" option that's available today.

#106 ·
After months of research and thanks in large part to some good advice from members on this thread, I finally have a Tudor Day Date on my wrist. I went with the 76214 as I really like the look of the fluted bezel. This thing is awesome!

View attachment 13544119
Looks great! Where did you end up getting yours from? I'm looking to add a 76214 to my collection at some point also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.