WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Sea Dweller 126600 Questions! Bezel "wiggle" and SWISS MADE at 6 o'clock position

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Rolexplorer 
#1 ·
Hi!
I got my 126600 from Chrono24 about 5 months ago. I've been loving it. I did my research and felt confident I knew every milimeter of the watch before purchasing it. After a couple months of near daily use, I have a couple of questions:

1. The bezel has a bit of "float" and I can't seem to find a definitive answer about how normal this is. Meaning, when I spin it, there's some movement before it clicks over. It's not much but it's the only watch with a uni-directional bezel that I own that doesn't have a hard click with no give when a small amount of pressure is applied.

2. I've noticed that the "SWISS (CROWN) MADE" at the 6 o'clock position is under the second markers on my watch (the Rolex site shows both!) but in other pictures, the "SWISS (no crown) MADE" rests on top of the markers. This gave me a minor heart attack when I noticed the difference. Are these different years? Which is current?

Thanks in advance!!

#4 · (Edited)
Your bezel may be dirty underneath and that may be affecting the "click" action, if you think it has changed.

By its mechanical operational need, it cannot be totally "tight" or the slightest amount of debris getting under it would jam it tight. Some folks have posted both here and at TRF that after ocean swimming, or doing other 'dirty' work, they have found their bezels to have tightened up somewhat. Usually a good cleaning and rinsing will solve to problem, sometimes even requiring a second cleaning, or bezel removal to really brush out the gunk. The looser your bezel is, the better, IMHO, because that makes it less likely to jam, and easier to clean if it does.

As far as rotational "clicks," that too can be affected by a buildup of gunk. If the bezel action seems to have changed, where the detent action no longer feels "right," try a cleaning. If that fails, maybe have a service tech take a peek. Maybe a spring is getting weak or worn? That would affect it and may cause some "back and forth play" you noticed. I have had dirty bezels, but never a change in the tactile detent.

I would 'suspect' (my opinion only without handling it) that you may not actually have a real problem concerning your bezel issues. From what you state it seems to match how my 16113 Sub is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.