Sellers remorse/buyers remorse
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Sellers remorse/buyers remorse

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sellers remorse/buyers remorse

Didn't see a thread on this. Easy question - what watch so you regret selling and for what reason. Similarly, what watch did you regret buying and for what reason. I am fairly early in my Rolex journey and so far I do not regret any of my purchases. I have sold none and do not plan to. However I do regret buying my Tudor Black Bay 58. It was a great watch but I lost a lot of love for it after I got my Explorer and it really didn't get a lot of wrist time after that. If it didn't get taken from me during a burglary I would have sold it eventually I think.
    Current Collection
    Rolex
    : Explorer 214270 MK 2; Submariner Date 116613LB(luesy); Sea Dweller 126600;
    Seiko: SARB017 Alpinist; SKX013 Modded; Seiko 5 SNKL55K1;
    Casio: F-91W; G-Shock GA-110LPA-1AER;
    Swatch: "Just Paul" GE270

Re: Sellers remorse/buyers remorse

Selling? I've never sold a watch. I have one I could potentially sell because I don't wear it enough, but I wouldn't let go of it until I had something else with similar interesting features. Likewise, I can't say I ever regretted a purchase. I spend too long working out what I want and weighing the options. The actual purchase comes a long time after the choice.
    Is it time for another coffee?

I regret selling all of my watches, because in hindsight I did not need to do it. They were sold, because I don't like having a lot of stuff, especially if I'm not using it regularly. Tops on that list would be my Seiko Pogue 6139 blue dial.

Most regretted purchase? Stowa Flieger A-dial with the old logo. I bought it, wore it for five minutes when it arrived, then it sat in the box until I sold it.
    Kauf2947 likes this.
    Rolex Submariner 114060, Cartier Tank (wife), Universal Geneve Super Microtor, David Yurman Belmont Automatic, G-Shock DW5600E-1V

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I've never had buy/sell regrets......but I DO regret not buying a 1655 Ex-II 40 years ago....
    zimv20ca and Akendal9 like this.

What is this selling thing you are talking about?

In the old days I just wore a watch until it was irreparable, then bought a new one.
    Watch this!

biggest regrets are not getting into the hobby earlier, when i could have paid 90s or 2000s dollars for the watches i want or own now.

no sales, no regrets there.

no *real* regrets on buying, but my Tissot Visodate never did get much wrist time. everything else does or did.

oh yeah, regret wandering into a dodgy neighborhood and having a Swiss army watch stolen off my wrist. this was well before i was "in the hobby", but i wouldn't mind still having it.
    Paulsky and LINVS like this.

I really don't have much remorse when it comes to selling. The only two that I sort of wish I kept were a Panerai 0048 and Anonimo Millemetri. I can buy a new PAM 1048 if I want, but I haven't, so I must not miss it that much. I did like the story behind the the Anonimo brand before they sold just like Panerai. I thought their Kodiak straps were really good.

I regret buying my Tudor Black Bay 41. I chose it over the DJ41 because it had such good legibility. I should have went with the DJ41 because I just like having the date function. The Tudor just sits in it's box in a safe because I always choose to wear my YM40 instead.

Here’s an excellent recent thread on this very topic from the Omega Forum.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f20/do...n-5176037.html

I regret not buying a 5513 when they were like $5k or a tudor submariner when they were what.. $2-3k? Also not buying a SubC date when they could be had for 5-6k. Good times, good times.
    |Ω

Sold my 5512 as I hated the dome crystal. Huge increase in value aside, I really miss that watch.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information