WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Service Tudor Day Date

330 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Johnjm 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

I just registered here after a few years for reading.
I have a old Tudor Day Date that needs a service The rotor scratches and I cannot change the day independent of the Date. I heard that there may be an issue with spare parts for this model? Do you guys have any recommendation which watchmaker to use for a service?

Thank you so much
Markus Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

See less See more
#2 ·
You don't list where in the world you are, so offering up names in the USA would be a tad silly if you're based in Norway.

Don't despair, as it's highly likely the movement in that watch is an ETA caliber and as luck would have it, there are lots and lots of movement parts available to independent watch repair people no matter where in the world they are (well maybe not Antarctica) and lubricants that will meet or exceed the specifications that Tudor/Rolex would have imposed. Of course, you could seek out a Rolex Service Center and see if they would tackle the job, but in return for the security of knowing the manufacturer worked on the watch, you'll be paying a lot of extra money for a job that can easily be handled by a good watch repair person independent of Tudor.

Now, if you're desiring a new dial and hand set, you're likely out of luck because of the age of the watch, but who knows, Rolex/Tudor (if you use them and they accept the job) may just have one stuck behind some box in the parts vault and you could get lucky.

#4 ·
Id recommend sending it to your local Rolex Service Centre. Depending on the age of the watch they should still stock parts.

I had a 1988 Oysterdate serviced at the UK RSC a couple of years ago and they restored it to as new condition. They even had spare cases in stock!

Of course you do pay more than an independent, so it depends if you want the peace of mind of using Rolex.

#5 ·
Id recommend sending it to your local Rolex Service Centre. Depending on the age of the watch they should still stock parts.

I had a 1988 Oysterdate serviced at the UK RSC a couple of years ago and they restored it to as new condition. They even had spare cases in stock!

Of course you do pay more than an independent, so it depends if you want the peace of mind of using Rolex.
Agree, RSC best bet. Can even change dial colour if you so wish.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.