Hi watch enthusiasts,
I recently asked in this forum whether to get a Polar Explorer II or an Omega AT. With your help I decided for the Explorer II.
Now I was researching to get a decent offer which turned out to be not that easy. The prices are ever climbing (also for the Ex II) and even watches in bad condition are offered at high prices.
Finally I could get an offer from a trusted dealer with the following specs:
- Explorer II 16570
- Year: 2003
- Box and Papers included, only one pre-owner who rarely wore the piece
- Condition: on pictures it seems fine as it was worn lilttle, no bigger dents and scratches
- the dealer has done a service and some careful polishing and even offers a 2 year warranty
- watch seems to have never been to an official Rolex Service
- all parts are unreplaced
- Price: the dealer quotes 6600 USD for that piece
My question now is whether I should accept this offer?
Is this I reasonable price for what I would be getting or a bad rip-off? I know the price is maybe 20% above comparable offers, but I would be getting a first-hand piece with even a warranty from a trusted source.