WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sick of Rolex

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Jason71 
#1 ·
I have four Rolexes: a sub, a Milgauss, an OP36 and a 6694. I love them all. I would really love a Batman or a Pepsi, but it seems Rolex really don't want me to have one. From my last couple of AD visits, it seems that Rolex only want to sell ladies two-tone Datejusts, as that's all they have in stock.

So fine. Do one. I'll leave spending 2 x RRP used to the fanbois and the speculators. I'll spend my £6.5k on a Breguet - a better watch for less money. Sorry, but I am just fed up with Rolex and their rationing of popular models, and I'm not going to play any more. :-|

#2 ·
OK.

Have you considered what speeding up production might to do their quality? Their brand awareness? Their business model? Their outlook? Their customer base? Their suppliers? Their distribution model?

I'm fairly certain they're doing the best they can to get you that "Batman" or "Pepsi," and that they're grateful for the four you have, and that they look forward to servicing them for you.

Reactions: barryallen44
#3 ·
I believe its more of an AD thing...not Rolex the manufacturer. Given the tight supply I wouldn’t doubt for 1 second the AD’s are selling to friends and family who are then then flipping to grey market dealers at a very inflated price...then splitting the profits. Dealer making out twice on the same watch almost overnight. I wouldn’t be surprised if AD’s start losing the ability to carry the brand if Rolex wants to make a couple of “poster boys” out of this. Right now I dont believe Rolex cares as they attempt to elevate the perception of the brand to AP like stature. Although Rolex watches are my preference I believe Rolex is out of their league when it comes to comparison to AP at the macro level. Thoughts?

#4 ·
Seriously, there are bigger things to be pissed about. Sometimes we can’t have what we want and instant gratification is not the answer, well it isn’t in my world. I’d trade everything I have to give my children an easier ride but even that isn’t easy. Watches after all are just trinkets like cars, motorcycles, boats, houses etc. Ultimately they don’t bring happiness. Just my thought for the day so try not to be angry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.