State of the Collection - Sublime
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: State of the Collection - Sublime

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

State of the Collection - Sublime

For as long as I can remember, I have been enamored by watches, mechanical watches. Growing up, I used to collect magazine cut outs of watch advertisements. I had an extensive scrapbook of different watches (mostly 3 handed and few good number of chronographs). Made collages without even knowing that there is actually a term for that. I may have been in the 8th or 9th grade but by that time I was cognizant of Omega, Rolex, Vacheron Constantin, Patek Philippe, Longines and few other brands.

Needless to say I have been hugely influenced by the world of watches from may be like beginning of the time. I guess, that's something that has stuck with me since.

I personally know people who have a dozen or even 2 dozen watches. I genuinely commend the resources they put in to build that collection. But, never, in the right state of mind, I have ever seen me go beyond 4 or 5 watches in the collection. I have been collecting, buying, selling watches for the better part of a decade and this is where I stand today. My signature has the gone but not forgotten time pieces.

For the most part, the watches in my collection do not need any introduction. For Panerai enthusiasts, that is PAM00168 (from 2003 when Panerai limited edition were indeed limited).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: State of the Collection - Sublime

Very nice!
    raja_3012 likes this.
    Dan.
    A. Lange & Sohne 1815 Up/Down
    H. Moser & Cie Pioneer Centre Seconds
    Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Tribute Small Seconds
    Officine Panerai Radiomir PAM 720
    Rolex Submariner 114060 (No Date)
    Cartier Santos WSSA0010
    Apple Watch Series 4 Nike+
    Seiko SKX007
    Seiko SKX009
    Casio G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400-1
    Casio G-Shock GA-700
    Casio G-Shock DW-5600E
    And others (not really worth mentioning)

Brilliant. And you're right- less is more.
    raja_3012 likes this.
    Rolex Daytona 116500 | Rolex GMT BLRO | Rolex Submariner 5513 | Rolex Explorer 1016 | Rolex Submariner 16610 | Rolex Datejust 126334 | Man Of Rolex™ Member

Follow Me On Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/manofrolex/

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

First and foremost, beautiful collection. (If I could have one, I'd go with the Hulk, partly because my wrists are small but I know from wearing a friend's for a few hours that Subs look good on me.)

I generally agree with your philosophy for the high end side of things. But I also like to collect less expensive, "fun" watches. Just got a Mondaine watch, for example, and am somewhat taken by it.
    raja_3012 and Dougiebaby like this.

I think your collection of shirts is almost as good as your watch collection (I’ve been observing your wrist shots for a while now). Your PAM is unique and a real beauty. You have excellent taste.
    raja_3012, Paulsky and Brey17 like this.

Always great pics, Raja! What was your first “nice” watch? And, which one do you miss the most?

I’ve been paring down and consolidating as well. I love my watches, but also like having fewer decisions on which to wear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    raja_3012 likes this.

Great collection @raja_3012. That's an awesome collection. Diving watch, GMT, Chrono - all in different colours! Well done mate.
    raja_3012 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lo_scrivano View Post
    I think your collection of shirts is almost as good as your watch collection (I’ve been observing your wrist shots for a while now). Your PAM is unique and a real beauty. You have excellent taste.
    @lo_scrivano: Thank you for your kind words. I like proper dress shirts as well.

Quote Originally Posted by harry_flashman View Post
    Always great pics, Raja! What was your first “nice” watch? And, which one do you miss the most?

I’ve been paring down and consolidating as well. I love my watches, but also like having fewer decisions on which to wear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @harry_flashman: My first “nice” watch was a Longines Hydroconquest chronograph. Interestingly, the Green Sub is the one which has moved twice before in my collection. Have owned and sold the Hulk twice before finally realizing on the 3rd one that this is it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbert_is_fat View Post
    Great collection @raja_3012. That's an awesome collection. Diving watch, GMT, Chrono - all in different colours! Well done mate.
    @Dogbert_is_fat: Thank you for your kind words. It has taken quite some time and effort to get here.

Great collection. Do you have anything on your radar for the next pickup?
    raja_3012 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mak1277 View Post
    Great collection. Do you have anything on your radar for the next pickup?
    I have a thing for the Lange Daymatic in WG and Blue dial. Reference 320.028. So unless Rolex comes up a mind blowing reference, I would be aiming for the Lange.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information