Stupid Question - Can one of those hot air hand dryers damage a Submariner in any way?
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Stupid Question - Can one of those hot air hand dryers damage a Submariner in any way?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29
  1. #1
    Member Starclock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    100

    Stupid Question - Can one of those hot air hand dryers damage a Submariner in any way?

    I was drying my hands in a public bathroom last night and it dawned on me that perhaps the hot air from the dryer was bad for my Submariner? It's not like i shoved the watch directly inside the blower but it may have been near the hot air. Can that be an issue? Or is this not something to be concerned about?
    Can the lume pearl on the bezel or the bezel itself loosen from the heat? I assume they're glued on...


    Anyways just thought I'd see what others had to say.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,143

    Re: Stupid Question - Can one of those hot air hand dryers damage a Submariner in any way?

    Quote Originally Posted by Starclock View Post
    I was drying my hands in a public bathroom last night and it dawned on me that perhaps the hot air from the dryer was bad for my Submariner? It's not like i shoved the watch directly inside the blower but it may have been near the hot air. Can that be an issue? Or is this not something to be concerned about?
    Can the lume pearl on the bezel or the bezel itself loosen from the heat? I assume they're glued on...

    Anyways just thought I'd see what others had to say.
    If the hot air was enough to damage your steel watch or heat the glue of the bezel enough to detach it, then you ain't got no hands left

  3. #3
    Pun
    Pun is online now
    Member Pun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,715
    Just chill dude. Nothing to worry. If that didn't hurt your hands, it definitely didn't hurt your Rolex.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member Starclock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    100

    Re: Stupid Question - Can one of those hot air hand dryers damage a Submariner in any way?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhakt View Post
    Just chill dude. Nothing to worry. If that didn't hurt your hands, it definitely didn't hurt your Rolex.
    Well I wouldn't say it was scorching hot but definitely noticeably hot air where you wouldn't want to leave your hands there too long.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    southern California
    Posts
    13,415

    Re: Stupid Question - Can one of those hot air hand dryers damage a Submariner in any way?

    only if you repeatedly slam the sub against it...

  7. #6
    Member Split Second's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boston - South Shore
    Posts
    8,149

    Re: Stupid Question - Can one of those hot air hand dryers damage a Submariner in any way?

    Can't even remember the last time "public restroom" and "Submariner" were mentioned in the same thread...
    "Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~ Anatole France

    Breitling|Tag Heuer|Omega|Rolex|Ulysse Nardin




  8. #7
    Member upupa epops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    489

    Re: Stupid Question - Can one of those hot air hand dryers damage a Submariner in any way?

    First world...

  9. #8
    Pun
    Pun is online now
    Member Pun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,715
    Quote Originally Posted by Starclock View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhakt View Post
    Just chill dude. Nothing to worry. If that didn't hurt your hands, it definitely didn't hurt your Rolex.
    Well I wouldn't say it was scorching hot but definitely noticeably hot air where you wouldn't want to leave your hands there too long.
    If it was hotter than noticeable still nothing would ever happen to any steel tool watch made by a reputed brand. I'm sure they are made to withstand such situations with aplomb. Relax and do it again with impunity.

  10. #9
    Member Seaswirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,309

    Re: Stupid Question - Can one of those hot air hand dryers damage a Submariner in any way?

    It is amazing that many older Navy Seals somehow managed to wear their Subs through training and combat without failure only to have their watches meet their untimely demise to a public restroom hand dryer.

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    902

    Re: Stupid Question - Can one of those hot air hand dryers damage a Submariner in any way?

    Indeed. There's a Ph.D thesis in there somewhere.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 15
      Last Post: January 1st, 2016, 10:07
    2. Hot watch...damage?
      By dm4gshock in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 14
      Last Post: March 6th, 2015, 22:37
    3. Does wearing a leather band in really hot weather damage it?
      By Mr. Panerai in forum Straps & Bracelets
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: June 16th, 2013, 12:26
    4. Replies: 4
      Last Post: February 15th, 2011, 14:04
    5. Hand winding your Ball, will damage it.
      By Alexi in forum Ball Forum - Officially Sponsored by Topper Fine Jewelers
      Replies: 13
      Last Post: November 10th, 2008, 22:46

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •