Stupid Question - Can one of those hot air hand dryers damage a Submariner in any way?
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Stupid Question - Can one of those hot air hand dryers damage a Submariner in any way?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Stupid Question - Can one of those hot air hand dryers damage a Submariner in any way?

I was drying my hands in a public bathroom last night and it dawned on me that perhaps the hot air from the dryer was bad for my Submariner? It's not like i shoved the watch directly inside the blower but it may have been near the hot air. Can that be an issue? Or is this not something to be concerned about?
    Can the lume pearl on the bezel or the bezel itself loosen from the heat? I assume they're glued on...

Anyways just thought I'd see what others had to say.

Re: Stupid Question - Can one of those hot air hand dryers damage a Submariner in any way?

Quote Originally Posted by Starclock View Post
    I was drying my hands in a public bathroom last night and it dawned on me that perhaps the hot air from the dryer was bad for my Submariner? It's not like i shoved the watch directly inside the blower but it may have been near the hot air. Can that be an issue? Or is this not something to be concerned about?
    Can the lume pearl on the bezel or the bezel itself loosen from the heat? I assume they're glued on...

Anyways just thought I'd see what others had to say.
    If the hot air was enough to damage your steel watch or heat the glue of the bezel enough to detach it, then you ain't got no hands left

Pun
    Just chill dude. Nothing to worry. If that didn't hurt your hands, it definitely didn't hurt your Rolex.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Stupid Question - Can one of those hot air hand dryers damage a Submariner in any way?

Quote Originally Posted by Bhakt View Post
    Just chill dude. Nothing to worry. If that didn't hurt your hands, it definitely didn't hurt your Rolex.
    Well I wouldn't say it was scorching hot but definitely noticeably hot air where you wouldn't want to leave your hands there too long.

only if you repeatedly slam the sub against it...

Can't even remember the last time "public restroom" and "Submariner" were mentioned in the same thread...
    "Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~ Anatole France

Breitling|Tag Heuer|Omega|Rolex|Ulysse Nardin

First world...

Pun
    Quote Originally Posted by Starclock View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhakt View Post
    Well I wouldn't say it was scorching hot but definitely noticeably hot air where you wouldn't want to leave your hands there too long.
    If it was hotter than noticeable still nothing would ever happen to any steel tool watch made by a reputed brand. I'm sure they are made to withstand such situations with aplomb. Relax and do it again with impunity.

It is amazing that many older Navy Seals somehow managed to wear their Subs through training and combat without failure only to have their watches meet their untimely demise to a public restroom hand dryer.

Indeed. There's a Ph.D thesis in there somewhere.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information