To those with a 116610
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: To those with a 116610

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

To those with a 116610

Hi everyone, new to the forum.
    I recently bought a used 2018 Submariner date 116610LN privately. Everything checks out with the watch, and I know it's legit.
    Looking at pictures of other Subs online, my bracelet seems a bit short.

Can anyone tell me exactly how many links the bracelet should have from the factory, and how many are removable?

Not including the end links, mine has:
    On the 6 o Clock side: 4 full links, one is removable
    On the 12 o Clock side: 5 full links, two removable and one removable 1/2 link

There are no more links in the box.

Re: To those with a 116610

I’m 99% sure my 114060 came with 12 links + half links so it looks like you’re missing a few

I've purchased from ADs who tried to keep the extra links when they sized the watch! You don't have all the links and that will happen more often in a private sale-folks lose or misplace stuff over time. That's a pet peeve of mine when someone sells a high end watch without all the original contents, such as links or even the entire bracelet on a vintage piece. Not cool.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Agree with the others. On the 116610 and 114060 it’s 12 as standard plus the half link.
    Rolex Submariner 114060, Cartier Tank (wife), Universal Geneve Super Microtor, David Yurman Belmont Automatic, G-Shock DW5600E-1V

I've heard of dealers trying to keep spare links when resizing too. It sounds like you're missing a few OP. Luckily, i think you should be able to pick up a few from the AD quite easily...

Thanks for the reply, so I should have 12.5 links in total? Can anyone confirm how many total removable links I should have.
    Not happy.
    Will contact the seller to see if he may have forgotten to send them, but I guess I'm SOL as it's sold as seen.

Keeping links seems to be a rolex seller "perk". Ive noticed lots of secondary sellers do this. When you see the cost of them its easy to see why though. A large UK online seller wont answer questions like "how many links does it have" and prefer "we will size the watch for you". Take it up with the seller but he may not be much help as he may have already ebayed them.

Quote Originally Posted by thx67 View Post
    Keeping links seems to be a rolex seller "perk". Ive noticed lots of secondary sellers do this. When you see the cost of them its easy to see why though. A large UK online seller wont answer questions like "how many links does it have" and prefer "we will size the watch for you". Take it up with the seller but he may not be much help as he may have already ebayed them.
    Yup. They keep them, and put them on eBay later to make a little extra $ out of the Rolex buyer. For those who don't believe that, they hypothesis is that they keep them all in a big box, and when the box is full they donate them to the Hans Wilsdorf Foundation. Or, put it in landfill.
    thx67 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by thx67 View Post
    Tell them you have a 12 inch wrist and get a few extra links?
    I don't have too many watches! I have too few wrists!

Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant Major View Post
    Tell them you have a 12 inch wrist and get a few extra links?
    "unfortunately your wrist size means that no current Rolex will fit your wrist but we do offer a bespoke link ordering service for customers and for a flat fee of £500 we can guarantee* our watches will be a perfect fit"

*subject to our fair link policy cap of 2 links per customer, additional links charged at £300 per link, we reserve the right to substitute links from other brands where necessary or provide our own canvas bracelet extender at our discretion

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information