WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

A thread asking about the origins of automatic watch movements

243 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Jason71 
#1 ·
A few days ago I started a thread asking who actually invented the automatic wrist watch movement, Rolex or Eterna. It turned out to be a man named Harwood but he made a bumper movement, then Rolex made a 360 degree rotating rotor, and then Eterna came out with the Eternamatic using 5 ball bearings. I was mocked for not just googling this, but I didn't join a watch forum to ask google about watches and how they work. Also when I went to YouTube this is what I got Its a bit dated. Also the thread was closed and I wasn't told why.

Since Rolex played such a big role in the invention of the automatic wrist watch I posted it here, in the Rolex/Tudor forum. Is this not the place to ask about Rolex's role in wrist watch history? I would like to get my Rolex/Tudor watch information from experienced watch enthusiasts and not google is that ok to do here. A yes or no will do.

#2 ·
Your thread was closed due to the history surrounding threads such as these. Unfortunately, we cannot have a civil thread with reasonable discussion regarding Rolex being compared to anything. There are many that wear these watches as a status symbol and nothing else, and history/background has no bearing whatsoever. There were several comments in your thread that eluded to this culture here on this Subforum. I don't totally appreciate it when you feel that it is your place to discuss why a thread is closed/locked on an open forum just because you didn't receive an explanation. It is not a right or an entitlement to receive any exlplanation. Threads are locked/deleted here on WUS at the sole discretion of the moderators. It says as much in the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.