WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Three watch collection advice

2K views 20 replies 17 participants last post by  joe.d 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased my first Rolex which is a DateJust 41 blue stick/fluted/jubilee.

Now that the blue dial is taken care of, I would like to add 2 more watches to my Rolex collection. I want to add a black dial and white dial watch. I don’t want any TT or gold watches.

Black dial: I defiantly want to add a Submariner, and was leaning more towards the no date since I have the Dj41 with the date complication already.

White dial: Need help with this one. Ideally, a Daytona panda, but unless I hit the lottery or something that’s not happening lol. I didn’t realize they stopped the platinum dial YM or I would’ve opted for that. The explorer polar also looks like a viable option. Also the sky-dweller is too large for my wrist

Any ideas and suggestions are appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
<snip>
I recently purchased my first Rolex which is a DateJust 41 blue stick/fluted/jubilee.
::
I don't want any TT or gold watches.
Black dial: I defiantly want to add a Submariner
White dial: The explorer polar also looks like a viable option. Also the sky-dweller is too large for my wrist
LOL. You are not asking for a three watch collection. You are actually saying that you want a three Rolex Watch collection.

It's pretty straightforward since there are limited watches with a white dial that is not a Datejust, Daytona or Skydweller, and that is an Oyster Perpetual 39mm in white dial.

Note that if the Skydweller is too large for your wrist, the 42mm Explorer II might just be a tad too big too. You didn't state what your wrist size was but I am assuming that since you can pull off a DJ41, you'll be in the average to above average size.

#3 ·
The Rolex Daytona Ceramic White Dial would be perfect but as you alluded to, it is practically impossible to obtain. If you can find one, someone will be seeking to sell it for twice its full recommended retail price, if not more.

The Rolex Explorer II might be a nice option.

The Rolex Oyster Perpetual White Dial (choose your size) would be great, too.

#5 ·
it's been said, but the explorer 2. It's easily my most worn of the Rolexes I own.

#9 ·
Get the Submariner immediately and then pause; you will find that the Sub and the DJ41 are more than enough and you likely don't need a third Rolex for several years thereafter.
I agree with this.

If you still find it not enough, given your wrist size (implied by your words) I would recommend the OP39 or the Rolex Explorer II 16570 (40mm) the previous model (just don't overpay for it, max 5,5k$ for one with papers and warranty).

#13 ·
Hi everyone,

Now that the blue dial is taken care of, I would like to add 2 more watches to my Rolex collection. I want to add a black dial and white dial watch. I don't want any TT or gold watches.

Black dial: I defiantly want to add a Submariner, and was leaning more towards the no date since I have the Dj41 with the date complication already.

White dial: Need help with this one. Ideally, a Daytona panda, but unless I hit the lottery or something that's not happening lol. I didn't realize they stopped the platinum dial YM or I would've opted for that. The explorer polar also looks like a viable option. Also the sky-dweller is too large for my wrist

Probably go with a no date SubC and a polar Explorer II although I prefer the black dial Explorer II rather than white.

#17 ·
Id go with the following:

126334 - 41 Datejust
114060 - No Date Sub
16570 - Explorer 2 White w/SEL's. You could also go for a white dial 114300 OP 39 depending on what you're going for.

#19 ·
Hi everyone,

Now that the blue dial is taken care of, I would like to add 2 more watches to my Rolex collection. I want to add a black dial and white dial watch. I don't want any TT or gold watches.

White dial: Need help with this one. Ideally, a Daytona panda, but unless I hit the lottery or something that's not happening lol. I didn't realize they stopped the platinum dial YM or I would've opted for that. The explorer polar also looks like a viable option. Also the sky-dweller is too large for my wrist

Ok, IMO... you did good with the Blue DJ41. Very versatile piece and probably the will be the focal piece of your collection.

I would advise a black SubC (no date) and an Explorer2 Polar. You'd gain a timing bezel from the Sub and a GMT from the Explorer 2.

Or you could go Black Explorer 2, or black Explorer 39mm. But since TT or Gold is out of the question, you probably have to go with the Yachtmaster Platinum Rhodium, since there are no other white dialed professional models.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.