WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

TIP: Speed up your Rolex in the shower

2K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  Monsieur 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys have you noticed that showering with your Rolex makes it go faster?

I showered with my Rolex GMTC for approx 20 minutes and it is now 4 seconds faster compared to my clock on my phone.

It's crazy that the increased temperature in 20 minutes can affect the watch speed this quickly. Mind you though I was also brushing my teeth on the same hand so this could have made it faster. My GMTC is only 3 weeks old and has been dead accurate. It just so happened I checked the accuracy before and after the shower.

Has anyone else tested this on their Rolex/mechanical watch? Would be great to hear of some observations. I will be testing this again.

Could be a useful tip for those whose watch is running slow...

#3 ·
If anything, a hot shower should slow it down.

However, the other day, I had a chunk of snow stuck in the rim of one of my car tires, and there was a strong vibration in the steering wheel during my entire drive home and back (1.5h total). On that day, my automatic watch (not a Rolex) that is normally and consistently running at -2s/d, lost an additional 5 or 6 seconds. I don't know if it happened during the drive, but that was the only thing different on that day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.