WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Tried the MN strap, the MN seatbelt, but this looks IMO the best. Snowflake diver

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  VegaS10 
#1 ·
Originally, the 94110 Tudor was issued to the French Navy, head only. The divers used some sort of parachute material . Yes, also sold with bracelet to civilians (I guess).
I tried the parachute and parachute-like strap but the colors clashed. With the help of someone on the strap and bracelet forum I found this one.

I'm a strap nut, too.
In natural light a cream colored stripe would be, absolutely, perfect, but for now this one is virtually perfect.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
The Rolex and Tudor Submariner watches used by the French military divers in the 1960/1985 were bought off the shelf from Rolex retailers in Toulon and Brest at wholesale prices but with a juicy repair & maintenance contract, these watches came with their Stainless steel bracelet and were mostly worn on the bracelet or with a perlon strap for the Démineurs (EOD).

The use of parachute elastic strap with a single hook required tension and was limited to the watch fitted to a navigation board together with a depth gauge and compass.

A blood flow restricting strap is the last thing a diver wants on his wrist!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.