WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Tudor All Blacks release?

4K views 41 replies 19 participants last post by  ronsetoe 
#1 ·
Think this might be my first post on this subforum...be nice

saw this on Instagram, gives September 4th as a date to watch out for, Tudor has been an All Blacks sponsor for a while, will we see an actual All Blacks LE release?

#3 ·
They been advertising the Black Bay Dark range for a couple of years though, we think they'll just release a new advertising campaign on the 4th rather than an actual watch?

thought rather than "Black Bay Dark" we might see "All Black Bay" LE range

#9 ·
I have seen the Black Bay Dark in real life a few times.

Very cool Watch.

Am I the only person that thinks that the Black Bay Dark would look great with a nice black rubber strap?

Reactions: Buchmann69
#11 ·
After teasing everyone with the photo of the "sub triangle" for months and then releasing the PO1, its just as likely to be a black nato strap or a Tudor/all blacks branded pen. The BB line doesnt need another variant. I have a BB and love it but enough is enough. Ill take a guess at a new BB 58 though
that i could believe

#14 ·
mmmmm
the Bucherer Blue Bronze and the Harrod's Green BB both are highly desirable and sell at a serious premium - cos they are different and cool looking
If the BB Kiwi is a slightly different model, and we dont know yet, then maybe it could be a real winner
I am an English Rugby fan but I wouldnt be amiss at wearing a watch branded by arguably the best rugby team, consistently, in the world.
I would rather a Kiwi watch than an up-market shop

Reactions: KiwiWomble
#23 ·
From WatchPro.com --

"We are just two weeks away from the start of the Rugby World Cup, which kicks-off in Japan on September 20 and runs for six weeks through to November 2 and official timekeeper for the tournament, Tudor, is ramping up its activity.

New Zealand's All Blacks, which are Tudor Brand Ambassadors as a team, are favorites to win the tournament.

The World Cup, held every four years, is described as the world's third largest sporting event. Fans will see Tudor splashed around the stadiums and on the player substitution boards."

...much more important and exciting, the Porsche Taycan EV was unveiled today.

Turquoise Fashion accessory Turquoise Headphones Watch

Watch Turquoise Fashion accessory Strap Watch accessory

#27 ·
From WatchPro.com --

New Zealand's All Blacks, which are Tudor Brand Ambassadors as a team, are favorites to win the tournament.

...much more important and exciting, the Porsche Taycan EV was unveiled today.
Hi @Hamstur, it's so weird that they do a press release to the watch websites but this watch is not listed on the actual Tudor website?

I don't do EV too.... feels like driving a 1:1 scale radio control car around the block. :-d

#33 ·
Without knowing anything else, it seems like Tudor is experimenting in what is Omega's LE market space. However in typical Rolex/Tudor fashion, they aren't doing any truly new, unique or limited designs -- literally a BB Chrono with a different case back and rubber strap. They have proven the exclusive models like Harrod's and Bucherer's work, so why not see if they can create as much buzz with less work.

If people go crazy over it, then milk the LE market space using models with absolutely zero major modifications needed and then we'll see more Tudor LEs because it's not really a Rolex thing except the truly one-offs and super exclusives (e.g., Daytona winner award watch).

If it doesn't work, then maybe the next attempt will actually a more distinguishing dial, bezel, etc.

#34 ·
The article the above pictures come from state that watch is not for sale. I imagine it is for referees and officials, the strap and caseback is the only difference from a standard model. The strap is interesting as it references kowhaiwhai panels in a Marae or 'meeting house' which A very famous NZ artist Gordon Walters (deceased) referenced in his work to great effect and success.

The limited edition is a chronograph...I think limited editions are rare or non existent apart from the one watch auctions are they not?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.