Tudor BB 41mm, GMT, BB chrono thickness
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Tudor BB 41mm, GMT, BB chrono thickness

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

BB 41mm 14,8mm
    GMT 14,8mm
    BB chrono 14,9mm

Hi, possible that the BB are excessively thick?
    Why?
    The Pelagos, with a water resistance of 500 meters and a gas valve, is less thick.
    "it's AS4065-54L...a jewel in a limited edition, exclusive, with a refined deisgn...an exclusive watch and then reduced in the number to give it the importance it deserves...the spearhead of the collection...the absolute perfection..." CITIZEN

Re: Tudor BB 41mm, GMT, BB chrono thickness

Quote Originally Posted by chr1s View Post
    BB 41mm 14,8mm
    GMT 14,8mm
    BB chrono 14,9mm

Why?
    The Pelagos, with a water resistance of 500 meters and a gas valve, is less thick.
    The Pelagos comes with a flat sapphire crystal while the others you quoted comes with a heavily doomed sapphire.

The old models were less tall.
    "it's AS4065-54L...a jewel in a limited edition, exclusive, with a refined deisgn...an exclusive watch and then reduced in the number to give it the importance it deserves...the spearhead of the collection...the absolute perfection..." CITIZEN

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by chr1s View Post
    BB 41mm 14,8mm
    GMT 14,8mm
    BB chrono 14,9mm

Why?
    In 1995 Breitling managed 1,500m of WR with the same case thickness; IWC similarly. Not to mentions Rolex's own Sea-Dweller of course. Yes, they are a bit thick for the spec, with the deep case, taller domed crystal and - in the later models to accommodate the thicker movement - what look like no changes to the case but a convex caseback to clear the rotor.

Black Bays ARE thick. This is accentuated further by the case design. There o ly nod to addressing this is the 58.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mavan Enthusiast
    ~~~~~~~~~~~

The time is secondary.

They are thick. I too have a SuperOcean from. The early 2000s with 1500m water resistance. It’s thick. I am happy with my BB GMT, but wouldn’t mind the thickness of say a Omega SMP300c.

I think in a couple of years revised in-house movements will come out that are thinner and it will open up the possibility for thinner watches....

Watches in profile....

Quote Originally Posted by koolpep View Post
    They are thick. I too have a SuperOcean from. The early 2000s with 1500m water resistance. It’s thick. I am happy with my BB GMT, but wouldn’t mind the thickness of say a Omega SMP300c.

I think in a couple of years revised in-house movements will come out that are thinner and it will open up the possibility for thinner watches....
    It's not the current crop of calibres. Remember that many of these calibres have been around for decades. This is a hangover from hockey puck watches that were popular in the last 15 years. The diameter has started to come down but designs are still not allowing case size to come down in height. There are many examples of watches built for the same purpose with similar height calibres and wildly different case heights.

Mavan Enthusiast
    ~~~~~~~~~~~

The time is secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Day View Post
    It's not the current crop of calibres. Remember that many of these calibres have been around for decades. This is a hangover from hockey puck watches that were popular in the last 15 years. The diameter has started to come down but designs are still not allowing case size to come down in height. There are many examples of watches built for the same purpose with similar height calibres and wildly different case heights.

The BB ETA was slimmer as the BB with in-house movement. Because the new in-house movement is thicker.

All the Tudor in-house movements are relatively new.

Watches in profile....

Examples ETA 775X based watches from my collection:

BB GMT has a slight chamfering on the underside to make it appear slimmer compared to the BB Chrono:

ETA 2893 based watches one with added Dubois Depraz Chronograph Module and one GMT:

And finally the SuperOcean and the Omega SMP300c:

A lot of these things at he’s have curved crystals so that adds to the measured thickness but not the wearing comfort.
    mui.richard and Michael Day like this.

Watches in profile....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information