Tudor BB36 (Black or Blue) or Date Day 76200 (Silver Mosaic dial)
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Tudor BB36 (Black or Blue) or Date Day 76200 (Silver Mosaic dial)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Tudor BB36 (Black or Blue) or Date Day 76200 (Silver Mosaic dial)

Hello all

I had a post up in regards to Explorer 1 vs OP39 few weeks ago.. however my negotiation with the master of the house did not go through.. she has rejected my request :(
    Her reasoning was that since my current watch is Oris Aquis ($2100msrp) and Rolex Explorer is $6500 msrp, the step up is too big. She also mentioned if I get a Rolex now, that I would want an AP or something higher in few years again.. which is true not that I could afford it in my life haha

So we agreed that lower end Tudors would be okay. So I have came down to my few favs, Tudor Date Day 76200 or BB36. Can someone here share some opinions and why one is over the other? Also I would be purchasing a preowned if that matters and my wrist is 6.75 inches. BB58 would be my first choice but its very out of my price range even if I sell/trade in my aquis I guess haha

Btw the reason for the purchase is my 30th and a job promotion (took me 7 years to reach this promotion)

Thanks All!
    thx67 likes this.

Re: Tudor BB36 (Black or Blue) or Date Day 76200 (Silver Mosaic dial)

Keep negotiating and get the watch you want.

Do not settle, it will not fill you itch.

no when I first got into watches, I really wanted a tudor bb36 or black bay 58. At that time, i wasn't able to purchase a tudor so I settled with an Oris Aquis which is great but wasnt on my wish list.

However, like you mention, my itch never was filled with the oris.

Def this Tudor will at least for few years :)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Ok then. How big is your wrist? What about adding a bb41 to your list?

Blue is more stunning, really pretty in person, Tudor blue tones are really nice. One down side is they are less formal or dressy.

I’ll personally will go Blue.

Banned

Get the Tudor.

Your spouse has already declared she thinks the Rolex would too deeply eat into your finances. Were I partnered with someone who said that to me, I'd heed her input, partly b/c financial frugality re: highly discretionary luxury items never hurt anyone in the long run, and partly b/c I know I would never hear the end of it if I didn't.

As for wanting and affording an RO, well, I got mine, along with a Rolex, just a few weeks ago, and I'm in my 50s. Prior to that, I did just fine wearing essentially one watch since the mid-1980s. With patience, you too will be able to afford an RO if you really want to; especially if you don't, in the interim, dip into your "sinking fund" to buy a Rolex and/or whatever else.

Edit:
    "Never hear the end of it" doesn't mean she'll always bring it up for as long as we're together. It means she'll never forget about the fact that I didn't heed her input, and it will cloud her thought regardless of whether she mentions it.
    Last edited by MDNoobie; April 8th, 2020 at 02:20.
    Overwound likes this.

I have tried the bb41 (black) in the past but felt little big my wrist due to the lug to lug being 50mm. 50mm lug to lug is like maximum i can do on my 6.75 wrist.

The blue looks stunning but my oris is a blue dial (black bezel) so I am currently preferring the black over the blue. Never saw the blue in person.

Yes the rolex can wait, but i told her that eventually in next 5-10 years i would like to pick one up if my finance allows.

Save that money you’re thinking of spending on a Tudor so you can cut down the wait time to buy what you really want - a Rolex. Seriously, create an additional savings account called “Watch Fund” and put that money in there and keep adding a couple hundred bucks to it here and there.

If I was patient, I could have bought what I really wanted much earlier. But, for years, I kept losing money buying and selling/trading a dozen plus $1000, $2000, $3000, & $4000 watches.

I have a BB41. It’s a nice watch and is very legible. It sits in a drawer and gets worn a couple times a year when I go somewhere I don’t want to wear a Rolex.
    Last edited by WatchBri; April 8th, 2020 at 02:14.
    Overwound likes this.

With a 6.75” wrist, would not a Datejust 36 or an Oyster Perpetual 36 fit you?

Both could be gotten from a grey dealer, lightly used and close to the price range you’re looking at. After all, the OP36 and Tudor Bb36 are the equivalent models in the two brands.

I wouldn’t consider settling on the Tudor and rather than “ wasting” money buying a Tudor that may not satisfy that itch, why don’t you go all out?

Ever considered that option?
    Overwound likes this.

Not sure about the step up from a new BB35 to new OP36 -- in that face-off and given the price difference I prefer the Tudor. DJ, 39 or Explorer 2 (and especially vintage Explorer) I'd save up. The 36 is pretty close to a perfect do-anything watch, IMO, and the quality step up from the Oris, nice as it is, should be noticeable and reassuring. I do think that saving up for a watch you know you'll keep and enjoy beats playing in the flipper arena. I've followed that philosophy for a while now and it's so much more rewarding, financially and otherwise. Now where you draw that line may not be at PP/AP/VC -- nothing wrong with that. A great watch is a great watch, regardless of price -- Tudor can certainly play in that sandbox, viz., the Pelagos. Good luck with your choice.

There is nothing wrong with buying a Tudor. I think you might be surprised on how closely they are related. If I was in your shoes I would go for the bb58 or the bb41 in blue. You should take a look at the brand in person before jumping the gun. Include the Mrs. and let her see what her thoughts are.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information