WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Tudor Black Bay 58 2020

19K views 41 replies 32 participants last post by  Carusoracer46 
#1 ·
Too early to know anything definitive for 2020, however I’m hedging that that Tudor has to see the light and release the BB58 in other bezel colors. Any other forum members in agreement?

I for one have been absolutely dying to see a Blue Bezel 58 edition and then I’m done wishing for awhile and then some. I have come so close to pulling the trigger on the other BB iteration of models but alas I want ultimately what I want and that is a 39mm Blue bezel with Blue dial.

Please feel free to chime in, prognostications welcomed.

#23 ·
Doubt so. Then they'll have to discontinue the Black Bay 41s which they developed new movements for just not so long ago...

If anything, the BB58 is a one off to satisfy the needs of those asking for a smaller watch because they can't wear a 41mm.
I don't see a problem with 41mm in general. It's not that big for most. The problem with the current Tudor offerings in that size is the thickness. I have gone through 3 of these over the years, and that was the deal-breaker every time.

#9 ·
Baselworld 2020 will be the 2 year anniversary of the BB58. The original Black Bay was released in 2012 and the blue followed 2 years later. The same happened for the BB36 which was introduced in 2016 with a blue version released in 2018.

I hope for a non-gilt dial/bezel and a tapered bracelet without rivets.

Reactions: Baramats and stamsd
#10 ·
Being Tudor, having such a popular model lineup such as the Black Bay, I would predict that Tudor will continue selling more variants and colours as each year rolls on.

#12 ·
Shoots, I just hope I get the current version which I love before they release anything else! I'm on 5 lists as it is.

#13 ·
Having hoped for a blue BB58 at Baselworld this year, and now having bought the black one, I kind of hope they don't! However, the black has grown on me so much (I love the warmth the gold brings to it), that I would now find it an agonizing decision were a blue version to be released. If it was similar in colouring to the Black Bay blue (which is quite cold), then I would pass. If it was similar in style/colouring to the 1980s Tudor subs, then I'd probably be tempted to switch. So I think I'll be happier if things stay as they are for now :)

#18 · (Edited)
Yup, cyclops, date and GMT for the 58. I just told my AD to add it to the list... that would be a killer for me.

adding different colors is pretty much a no-brainer, i mean, what's the cost? different dial and different bezel...

I lucked out and got my BB58 after only a two-week wait... and even turned one down the first time...

oh, and yeah, i have an 8" wrist, routinely wear a 45mm PO and several Seiko divers, so I think I could pull off wearing a 41mm BB. I prefer the BB58. to each their own.

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Wrist Strap

#21 ·
Ditto... that's the main thing that is holding me off from the BB58. My collection is pretty much complete right now, except I would like to add just one more diver. I am trying to be patient and hold out to see what Tudor does this year. I am really hopeful for either the blue/blue BB58 or a black/black BB58 with silver text/hands/indices instead of the gold. They have offered a few different color options with the 41mm BB, so I don't see why they won't follow suit with the 39mm version! The only problem is that if they actually deliver and I want one, then it's going to be agonizing waiting 2 years to actually be able to buy one!!!

#22 ·
Given that the BB GMT and BB 58 are still in demand, and not readily available everywhere, I doubt they will release more variants of these two. Looking at their current collection, I'd imagine the Ranger and Heritage Chrono are the ones due for an upgrade.

We will have speculate a bit longer this year, seeing as Baselworld has been moved down the calendar to 30/04 this year, more than a month later than last year.

#24 ·
Given that the BB GMT and BB 58 are still in demand, and not readily available everywhere, I doubt they will release more variants of these two. Looking at their current collection, I'd imagine the Ranger and Heritage Chrono are the ones due for an upgrade.

We will have speculate a bit longer this year, seeing as Baselworld has been moved down the calendar to 30/04 this year, more than a month later than last year.
Agreed, they've gone all in on the BB line for quite a while now. Ranger, Heritage Chrono, and their dress watches need to match the level of design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#36 ·
I am sure we see more variants eventually. I know Rolex doesn’t care and skip to their own beat, but I highly doubt they make a new movement just for one watch.

I am pretty confident Different colour 58’s are coming eventually and maybe even a Pelagos 40. Not sure If it’s this Baselworld or the next though.

#37 ·
As others have mentioned previously, a BB58 Date would be so so nice. I’ve searched the web and there was actually speculation that they would release a date version of the BB back in 19. All of that from a teaser photo Tudor posted on their Instagram page. I’m willing to bet money that they incorporate a date on the BB58 and it will could be a throwback to their sub line that went out of production back in 99. Fingers crossed.

#40 ·
Blue can pair as well with gold tones as black. See:

Baltic Aquascaphe and Bicompax
Christopher Ward C60 and C65 bronze
Breitling does a Navitimer in yellow gold (case & hands) with a blue dial
IWC does gold case with blue dial
Oris Bronze/Steel bico, Carysfort Reef LE in gold & blue, and others
Yellow gold or gold/steel Subs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.