Tudor Black Bay 58 Thoughts After One Year Of Use
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Tudor Black Bay 58 Thoughts After One Year Of Use

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tudor Black Bay 58 Thoughts After One Year Of Use

I actually picked up this Tudor BB58 at my AD by luck in March of 2019. This was right before I started a new job. I am still happy with my purchase over one year later. This watch has the perfect proportions and makes me wonder how good its sales are in general. If IWC and Omega were to follow suit I think they would have hits on their hands as well. The BB 58 with its in-house movement that tracks at around +2 Spd is amazing. It flies just enough under the radar to not be flashy as a Rolex, but still has solid build quality. I'm not one to buy watches that I would flip and this is definitely not on that list. I don't think I can fall out of love with it any time soon. I'd love to hear other's thoughts on this watch, especially those that own it. Is it your daily driver?

Name:  IMG_5340.jpeg
Views: 167
Size:  1.84 MB

Re: Tudor Black Bay 58 Thoughts After One Year Of Use

Great looking piece! I've been on the fence of whether or not to pick one up since they were released. My only hesitation is the bezel color. I'm wondering if I this will scratch my Submariner itch or if I would be better off just spending the extra money and getting a 14060m.

What are your thoughts on the bezel color after having owned it for awhile? Was this a point of concern when you first bought it? Were you "scratching a Sub itch" with this purchase? And if so, how well has it performed in that regard so far?

Agree with proportions - spot on. So nearly perfect... Wish it had mk1 BB bracelet (without faux rivets), a rose on the dial and 2 lines of smily text instead of 3 straight lines. Ever hopeful of a GMT version....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Scrumpy View Post
    Agree with proportions - spot on. So nearly perfect... Wish it had mk1 BB bracelet (without faux rivets), a rose on the dial and 2 lines of smily text instead of 3 straight lines. Ever hopeful of a GMT version....
    It would be nice, especially the rose. A GMT version would be very chunky, though. Tudor had to add 1mm of thickness to the other movement to accommodate a GMT function, and then you have the additional height required for the taller hand stack, and additional of a date wheel (Tudor is unlikely to make a GMT without a date). But, never say never...

It’s a great watch I can assure you that, but it seems that I see it very often that it became less interesting to me, and I just sold mine about a month ago, and probably because I got bored of it too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've had my Black Bay 58 almost a year now too. It gets more wrist time than anything else I own still, and that includes my Rolex Explorer and a couple of other watches that have come and gone. Sometimes I feel like I'm getting bored with it. But then there are those ocassions when I look down and the hands catch the light just right, and you fall in love all over again. Currently taken it off the bracelet and put it on a brown horween strap for a bit of a change and it's really comfortable.
    teeritz likes this.

I got rid of mine. Loved the size of the case, but after a couple of months it became underwhelming and didn't feel "special" anymore. Perhaps in a different color way would be more interesting
    trf2271 likes this.

Ive had mine for almost a year...gada piece for me and have to say from the day i took it out of the box i havent wanted another watch on my wrist. I drop by wus every day and theres plenty of very tempting eye candy :)....zero interest. the bb58 is everything you could ask for. Excellent time keeping, good sizing, long minute hands, bright long lasting lume, eye catching dial. perfect time piece
    davek35 and Sonar like this.

Not yet one year but this is the longest honeymoon period with any watch/object. Although I am a date person, and I thought this will bother me, I keep it as a weekend piece when I do not need more than hour/minutes functions. As said before, from a design point of view, for me - this is the perfect watch.

I only just posted a small comment on the ONLY Black Bay 58 Thread but I'll elaborate here.

I waited for over half a year for the piece but I finally owned it last year in late September. For a time it was one of my favourite watches to wear at the time. My collection consisted of the Ceramic Bluesy Submariner 116613LB, Air King 116900 and Explorer 214270 MK2 up until that point. I felt that the proportions were beautiful and it was just a good-looking piece that was always accurate within COSC. However, eventually when I got my Explorer, I found that I wasn't nearly wearing the Tudor that much as I was rotating among the Rolex's in equal proportion. It got to the point where I'd sometimes take the Tudor out because I had felt guilty about not wearing it as often. Truth be told, it was my "home" piece when I loved it and it was still a "home" piece then.

I was thinking that it was probably because I got my Explorer that I didn't find much wrist time for the Tudor and ultimately fell out of love with it. It lasted roughly 3 months before I was thinking to sell it. As it happened, rather unfortunately, my house was burgled on January 25th this year and the Tudor was taken as well as the Air King. I yearned for the Air King but surprisingly I didn't miss my Black Bay 58th as much as I hated it see it get stolen. Naturally I would have sold it eventually.

Don't want to highjack the thread but if you are interested in the burglary, btw, the thread can be viewed here - there is actually a sort of happy ending:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f23/wa...5115073-5.html

Here are some of the last photos I have of my Black Bay 58

Name:  IMG_20190911_192455_311_1588186905840.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  1.22 MB

Name:  IMG_20200107_211341_327_1588186942914.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  1.23 MB

Name:  IMG_20191021_214623_973_1588187023498.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  870.4 KB
    71 TRUCK likes this.
    Current Collection
    Rolex
    : Explorer 214270 MK 2; Submariner Date 116613LB(luesy); Sea Dweller 126600;
    Seiko: SARB017 Alpinist; SKX013 Modded; Seiko 5 SNKL55K1;
    Casio: F-91W; G-Shock GA-110LPA-1AER;
    Swatch: "Just Paul" GE270

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information