WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Tudor Black Bay Bronze - removing scratches

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Furkz 
#1 ·
Hi guys

Unfortunately I got a little scratch on the lug today on my brand new BBB so I decided to give it a rub with a Q tip and some toothpaste. No success. So I genuinely gave it a gentle going over with metal polish. Literally the Autosol stuff that I used on my cars. Gave it 3 attempts using about 5 gentle passes each time and not only did it remove the scratch it’s polished the case to a gold standard. However this is temporary as I’m sure the patina will blend it all in again over the next few days.

I thought I would share that metal polish works. Just be gentle.

#3 ·
Hi guys

Unfortunately I got a little scratch on the lug today on my brand new BBB so I decided to give it a rub with a Q tip and some toothpaste. No success. So I genuinely gave it a gentle going over with metal polish. Literally the Autosol stuff that I used on my cars. Gave it 3 attempts using about 5 gentle passes each time and not only did it remove the scratch it's polished the case to a gold standard. However this is temporary as I'm sure the patina will blend it all in again over the next few days.

I thought I would share that metal polish works. Just be gentle.
Welcome to the forums :)

It's a wonderful place this so enjoy it. Could you be kind enough for some pics?

#5 ·
There is a slight brushed finish. Or is it patina. I couldn't really decide so I have left it and I'm sure after a week it will all blend in with the patina. If you're really fussy and can't wait. You can give it a slight brushed finish easily and carefully with a green scouring pad. GENTLY I must add as this bronze seems soft

I would upload pics but seriously it was a fine scratch and I need a professional setup to show any differences and I don't have that photography skills. It's all a blur

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.