WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Tudor Black Bay leather strap suggestions. One that looks like non-aged OEM Tudor strap

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  BundyBear 
#1 ·
I recently picked up a Black bay 58 on Bracelet. Its great I love it. But I am wanting to buy a high quality black (but could also do brown) leather strap for it. Something in the style of what Tudor was going for; a leather strap for a tool watch. Something not too dressy but not like super rugged looking. I really fell in love with the Black Bay Red’s leather strap and I also think the Black Bay S+G’s strap is great but those are obviously 22mm, and I need 20mm.
Also I was hoping to get something that is not too faux-aged effect. I do like the look but i figure id just let that happen naturally. I am not sure about shell cordovan because I think it might be too shiny and not age the same way, but I dont know, have never had one before.
My two thoughts were Nomos makes a nice leather strap and so does Hodinkee but the Hodinkee is pretty expensive ($165) and no online reviews seem to back up that price.
So thanks for your help and suggestions! Heres some pictures so we know it happened.

Pics:
1- Nomos black with brown contrast stitching
2- Nomos black with black stitching
3- Hodinkee black Sedona strap
4- the watch in question

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
When mine finally comes in I'll get one of the Hodinkee leather straps. And for a 4k watch I feel a $165 strap isn't too bad!

#3 ·
Here are a couple Horween leather straps that would work well with the 58. I'm using the Roadmaster on my BB S&G and it looks good and super comfy. Of course mine is 22mm but 20 is available as well as different strap lengths to suit you. Workmanship is good for the price and there's no question in quality when it comes to Horween leathers.

Scroll through their website they have a whole bunch more in different styles and leathers, decent prices and very prompt shipping.

https://www.bandrbands.com/roadmaster-horween-classic-vintage-watch-band.aspx

https://www.bandrbands.com/brown-horween-chromexcel-vintage-leather-military-watch-band.aspx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.