WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Tudor Black Bay Pepsi GMT-Fabric Strap

685 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  CastorTroy3 
#1 ·
A few points : -

Great watch but I have found the fabric strap very awkward to adjust.

Initially I had the strap going through both sleepers but then one hole 3 it wouldn't go all the way through then on hole 4 it was too loose , and wouldn't go through the second ( fixed sleeper)

After trying to adjust it myself, with great difficulty I went to various AD;s and the final one has done the trick I think by ignoring the second (fixed sleeper) and only using the sliding one. The sliding one only goes over one side of the fabric. Does this make sense ?

TBH its been poor from Tudor as I hear that they used to give an instruction manual apparently with the older BB, even though the fabric strap was a secondary strap. If you are not used to these straps its very difficult to get a good fit.

Also, I hear the boxes were better with the prior BB ? Is this true ?

I ordered a blue leather strap prior to getting the fabric finally done properly. Is this hard to change ?

I don't wish to be negative as I do love the watch itself, but as well as being caught up in the date issue then this was just another issue.

Thanks

See less See more
#4 ·
Hrm, this sounds like a rant in so many directions, but perhaps I can help.

Adjusting the strap has nothing to do with the sliding keepers.

Adjust the strap through the buckle, so the length of the strap is to your specification and it lines up with the keepers. Pro tip - remove the second spring bar in the buckle, adjust, and then re-insert the spring bar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.