Tudor Chrono ref. 79260 - Did it ever come with a polished bezel?
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Dan Pierce
  • 2 Post By RTea

Thread: Tudor Chrono ref. 79260 - Did it ever come with a polished bezel?

Tudor Chrono ref. 79260 - Did it ever come with a polished bezel?

I recently pulled the trigger on a nice Tudor chrono with the case/warranty guarantee paper designating the reference 79260p. The only issues I have is that the dial is listed as black on the guarantee paper but the watch has the white enamel dial with black sub-dials and also the bezel is the solid Daytona style engraved steel bezel. To my knowledge, the ref. 79260 should have the bezel with the black aluminum insert. The watch does have a Rolex service general booklet that comes with it so my thinking is that the dial and/or bezel might have been swapped at service.

Does anyone know if there are some cases where the ref. 79280p came with the polished steel bezel? I just want to make sure Iím not buying a watch that was pieced together with a mish-mash of parts. There are a few steel bezel chronos being sold as ref. 79260 but none come with the boxes/papers so Iím guessing its simply a dealer error on the proper reference. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Current Arsenal:
    HMT Pilot | Casio G-Shock Riseman | Seiko SNZH57 | Baume et Mercier Capeland S Chronograph | Omega Seamaster Professional Chronograph
    Purchase free since: 4/1/15 (subject to change)

Re: Tudor Chrono ref. 79260 - Did it ever come with a polished bezel?

All 7xx60 chronos come with black tacky bezel. All 7xx80 come with metal engraved tacky bezels.
    dP
    RTea likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RTea View Post
    Does anyone know if there are some cases where the ref. 79280p came with the polished steel bezel?
    First, congrats on your purchase. Wear it in good health.

Could you be thinking of the Tudor Fastrider Chrono? That model comes in a polished SS bezel.

Name:  fastrider.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  8.3 KB
    Rolex Submariner Date 116610LN
    Omega Seamaster Diver 300M Co-Axial Chronograph 44 mm Regatta 212.30.44.50.01.002
    Omega Seamaster 300M Chronometer 2531.80.00
    ArmourLite Automatic AL401
    ArmourLite Professional Series AL46
    Movado Museum Classic
    Seiko Kinetic 5M42-0M09
    Casio AMW320D-9EV Ana-Digi Alarm Chronograph Dive Watch

ManOfRolex.com

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I recently pulled the trigger on a nice Tudor chrono with the case/warranty guarantee paper designating the reference 79260p. The only issues I have is that the dial is listed as black on the guarantee paper but the watch has the white enamel dial with black sub-dials and also the bezel is the solid Daytona style engraved steel bezel. To my knowledge, the ref. 79260 should have the bezel with the black aluminum insert. The watch does have a Rolex service general booklet that comes with it so my thinking is that the dial and/or bezel might have been swapped at service.

Does anyone know if there are some cases where the ref. 79280p came with the polished steel bezel? I just want to make sure Iím not buying a watch that was pieced together with a mish-mash of parts. There are a few steel bezel chronos being sold as ref. 79260 but none come with the boxes/papers so Iím guessing its simply a dealer error on the proper reference. Any help would be much appreciated.
    If the reference no engraved between the lugs says 79260 then that's what you have.
    And AFAIK 79260s only ever came with bezels with black aluminum insert tachy; so this must have been replaced at some point.

brother of OoO

Thanks all! Grateful for the knowledge here as it saved me from a potential bust. The seller ended up getting fed up with my questions and poking at the fact the bezel was most likely replaced. The seller promptly cancelled the purchase and issued a refund. Whew!
    DJSTEVEZ and Dogbert_is_fat like this.
    Current Arsenal:
    HMT Pilot | Casio G-Shock Riseman | Seiko SNZH57 | Baume et Mercier Capeland S Chronograph | Omega Seamaster Professional Chronograph
    Purchase free since: 4/1/15 (subject to change)

Thanks all! Grateful for the knowledge here as it saved me from a potential bust. The seller ended up getting fed up with my questions and poking at the fact the bezel was most likely replaced. The seller promptly cancelled the purchase and issued a refund. Whew!
    Good outcome for this.

Thread Information