Tudor GMT date wheel issue questions
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ixse

Thread: Tudor GMT date wheel issue questions

Tudor GMT date wheel issue questions

Hello everyone

I have read many threads about the Tudor GMT date issues. I have some questions for GMT owners that have had the issue.
    So from what I have read the date can skip forward a number of days/half days at the automatic date change over time. However, you don't get the issue when changing the date via the winding crown. There seems to be a design flaw you get in some of the movements, not all. The flaw does not damage the movement, just causes it not to work correctly.
    If the date is wrong can you just put it right via the crown? If the date is stuck between two dates, does it right itself to a full date using the crown? Does the corrected date stay that way until the next date change?

I'm looking to add this watch to my small Tudor collection, that's why I'm asking. Great forum, I read it most days

Thanks !!

Re: Tudor GMT date wheel issue questions

Hey. You are correct in that the date can be out right with he crown, but as it's a GMT that's a lot of winding to get thro. There is chat that the models from Dec 2018 don't have the issue...but I'm not too sure. As you will know Tudor now offers a 5 year warranty so hopefully you are safe to enjoy a cracking watch.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Hi!

We had a few watches sold new and coming directly from Switzerland in 2019 also showing the issue. My watch was repaired in Switzerland by Tudor and came back November 2019 but showed the issue after a few days again - so went back.... since 4 weeks now I have it back from the second trip to Switzerland and (knock on wood) it seems fixed now for good.

I heard a representative talking about a small pin that is too short that leads the date wheel to over or undershoot during date changes.

I wish someone could investigate a movement before and after “fixing”.

Anyhow - i love this watch to bits and would anyone, even with this issue, to get one. I really enjoy it and wouldn’t want it out of my collection.

Cheers!

Watches in profile....

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I am looking to purchase this exact watch. The watch I am looking to buy is a full kit with warranty dated December 2019. I was really hoping this date issue was over with. It’s such a beautiful watch in my opinion and it would be my most expensive watch purchase (other than an omega I just had to return after buying it) and the date issue worries me a bit.
    I may pull the trigger anyway, but definitely a little apprehension about doing so.

The extended warranty should help provide peace of mind, and while this is popping up with some frequency, there are also owners like me who have no issues. Tudor will sort this out for good eventually, if they haven't already, just as other brands do and have done in the past with updates to newer movements.

Plano, Tx / Back from the sandbox for now...

I had bought mine used, it was originally sold from Tudor to the first owner in July, 2018. I bought it in late 2019, great watch and the precision was fantastic. I had a date issue in Dec, 2019 and reset it myself. Worked fine for a couple of days, then did it again. I sent it off for warranty work and got it back on March, 16th, the AD advised Tudor replaced the movement. So far so good, it was worth the risk in purchasing it and I missed it while it was gone.

I'm hoping the new movement has fixed it, if not, I will send it back. No worries, just gives my Pelagos ETA more wrist time.

Not sure if they “fixed” the issue internally, but when i bought mine (early 2019), i never had any issues w date window.
    koolpep likes this.

Thank you everyone for your replies.
    If I purchase the GMT, it will be worn in rotation with my Pelagos, and my BB36.
    I'm sure Tudor will sort the issue for good in the future, and I appreciate these things happen with new movements.
    If I did get the issue, I would just correct the date using the crown, until eventually sending it in under warranty.

The only things I could not live with is if the date changed during the day, and if the date is stuck between two dates and it can't be corrected.
    Has anyone had these issues?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by David upon tyne View Post
    Thank you everyone for your replies.
    If I purchase the GMT, it will be worn in rotation with my Pelagos, and my BB36.
    I'm sure Tudor will sort the issue for good in the future, and I appreciate these things happen with new movements.
    If I did get the issue, I would just correct the date using the crown, until eventually sending it in under warranty.

The only things I could not live with is if the date changed during the day, and if the date is stuck between two dates and it can't be corrected.
    Has anyone had these issues?

Thanks
    Since I had the issue - I was on a lot of forums and groups, to my knowledge nobody reported a date change other than at midnight.

Cheers!

Watches in profile....

Thread Information