Tudor innovating in-house
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Tudor innovating in-house

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Tudor innovating in-house

Many people love how Tudor offers something a little different from Rolex, while still leveraging everything Rolex has to offer. While the article listed below is old news, I wanted to post it here to bust the myth that Tudor doesn't manufacture their own parts in house.

https://www.tudorwatch.com/magazine/...h-tech-ceramic

Tudor is continuing to innovate and create unique products and internal capabilities that strengthen the brand. Tudor has installed equipment and trained staff to manufacture ceramic cases and bezels completely in house for the Black Shield models.

Re: Tudor innovating in-house

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt Canuck View Post
    ...while still leveraging everything Rolex has to offer.
    I stopped at this bit. Let Tudor be Tudor without claiming it offers everything Rolex does - it doesn’t and it never will. I think these false equivalencies with its superior parent do more harm than good.
    Triton9 likes this.

I'm not sure that's what I said... great reading comprehension skills there bud
    Dan Pierce likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It's a great article for outside of the circles of WUS. A company innovating its products is something that should be celebrated as it is very pro-consumer.

But here in WUS, and ESPECIALLY here...
    Rolex - No-Date Submariner 114060
    Seiko - Custom SKX Ceramic & Sapphire

Quote Originally Posted by TreiseYustiel View Post
    It's a great article for outside of the circles of WUS. A company innovating its products is something that should be celebrated as it is very pro-consumer.

But here in WUS, and ESPECIALLY here...
    Seems like there's just a handful of Tudor haters here, but they're outspoken, and rather than just skip Tudor threads they feel compelled to spew their negative opinions at every opportunity. Not sure why Tudor threatens them so much.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Tudor makes a nice watch. I have owned them, but sold them. They are not Rolex... and why would they be when they are under the same umbrella company? Tudor is designed to be the mid-range brand and Rolex the high-level brand. Market segmentation...

Yes, they make a great watch, but there are too many people trying to justify them vs. Rolex rather than just enjoying them for what they are.
    rpeppekus likes this.

I enjoy wearing my Tudors as much as my Rolexes and other high tier brands, it does appear that some believe that a watch that doesn't have a crown on the face is beneath them or not worthy.

Tudor may be 'mid-range' to some - it's all relative - but they certainly put out some interesting pieces, whereas the Rolex line in general is very staid.
    doctwotree likes this.

I have 3 Tudors and 1 Rolex. All purchased within the last 1 year. Yep, I did fall in love with Tudor an Rolex....

I personally are gravitating a bit more towards Tudor. They are exactly in the price range Rolex used to be a decade ago. Offer amazing quality and innovation and superior design that I just find more attractive at the moment. Having said that, I feel that somehow for me as a Rolex „ignorant“ Tudar has also worked as the entry/gateway drug.... I now consider Rolex watches while I never would have done that earlier.

I have the feeling Rolex continuous their long term plan to move Rolex upmarket and fill the void with Tudor ß great strategy in my book and so far it seems that it works well.

Now please excuse me, I still need to hunt for a Pelagos, AirKing and S&G BB....

Quote Originally Posted by 8Days View Post
    I enjoy wearing my Tudors as much as my Rolexes and other high tier brands, it does appear that some believe that a watch that doesn't have a crown on the face is beneath them or not worthy.

Tudor may be 'mid-range' to some - it's all relative - but they certainly put out some interesting pieces, whereas the Rolex line in general is very staid.
    Haha, for that I use my old Tudor Prince Date Chrono with a Rolex crown and caseback. LOL best of both worlds.

My Tudor Black Bay S&G just reached 2 years old today. It was one of the first to arrive in HK and it started to running spot on in terms of accuracy to running slightly slow. About two months ago I sent it in to RSC for timing adjustment and since I got it back a month ago the accuracy has been perfect, gaining less than 0.5 spd.

It's a heavy watch, and definitely not the most comfortable on wrist due to the lack of an Easylink compared to my Rolexes. But it surely is one heck of a looker and the brushed gold center links are perfect.

Love it!

brother of OoO

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information