Tudor Jumbo Oysterdate. Thoughts? - Page 2
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Tudor Jumbo Oysterdate. Thoughts?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Very cool find!

I love the size of these jumbos; the sweet spot between the 36 and 40mm size of most vintage Rolex and Tudor watches. I think 38 hits the nail right on the head for a dress watch these days, and with the added cool cache of being a vintage piece.
    dude76 likes this.
    Collection: Omega Speedmaster 3573.50 | Omega SMP 2531.80 | Stowa Flieger Date | Gevril Tribeca (wht/ss) | Seiko Diver's 200m SKX009J1 | Seiko Diver's 200m SKX013K2 | Vintage Seiko Chronograph 6138-8039

Previously Owned: Rolex Explorer 1016 | Rolex GMT Master 16700 | Rolex Explorer II 16570 (black) | Tudor Submariner 79090 | Tudor "Small Block" 79280 | Omega Speedmaster 3570.50 | Omega SMP Quartz | IWC Mark XV 3253 | MKII Kingston | MKII Vantage | Gevril Tribeca (blk/blk) | Gevril Tribeca (wht/blk) | Raven Vintage 40mm | Steinhart Nav B-Uhr | Vintage Wittnauer Skindiver

Re: Tudor Jumbo Oysterdate. Thoughts?

The Jumbo DJs and DDs were produced from 1970 to 1979 and should all have come with a Rolex crown and case back. Also, the Jumbo Date + Day was powered by an A Shields moment, not ETA. Not sure if the same is true for the DJs. All Tudors have been and continue to be produced in the same manufacturing facility as Rolex.

Congrats on a great find. Jumbos are a blast to wear. Here's my very early 7020/0.
    dP

JCW1980, LorenzoG and J C like this.

Thanks guys. Got the watch in. Put it on an aftermarket jubilee. The hollow end links could use some adjusting, but other than that, I think it's perfect!

JCW1980 and LorenzoG like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Very cool watch and congrats. I'm wearing mine on a canvas strap today, and continue to enjoy it since having it restored. Despite being vintage, the size is perfect by contemporary standards.
    JCW1980 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information