WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Tudor movement 70 hours with rolex movement 70 hours

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Michael Day 
#1 ·
Does Tudor and rolex use the same movement ?? I means in their watches with 70 hours ?? I really curious

#5 ·
The Breitling movement is used in the Black Bay Chronograph. The other Tudor "in house" movements are assembled and tested by Tudor, but the components are manufactured by partners like their cases hands and dials. The Rolex movements are completely manufactured in house, tested and placed within Rolex manufactured cases. While the end result may have similar specs, the process and supply chain is completely different between Rolex and Tudor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#8 ·
As many have said, no.

However I'm curious how the "quality" compares, it's interesting that Tudor is able to offer such an apparently awesome movement at such "affordable" prices.
I have always thought about that myself but I suspect the reality is there's not very much difference. Even high spec ETA movements are very accurate and lasts just as long - if those are our measure of quality.

#14 ·
Just a side note...Rolex doesn’t manufacture their hand or mainsprings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.