Tudor Pelagos Date change question
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Tudor Pelagos Date change question

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tudor Pelagos Date change question

Hi all, landed a new to me Pelagos Blue today. The watch was sold bnib on 6/22/19 so basically brand new. My ocd caused me to check the date change today and it seems to change at 11:56 instead of midnight. As best I can tell, this is normal although my now 15 year old date just changes at midnight on the nose. Please talk me off the ledge. Thanks.

B79

Re: Tudor Pelagos Date change question

Mine consistently changes instantly at almost two min past midnight.
    I could get it adjusted but I run the risk of dust/ scratches etc and who knows how long my daily will be away so I’ve opted to “live” with it.

Hope you otherwise love your Pelly.

Quote Originally Posted by B79 View Post
    Mine consistently changes instantly at almost two min past midnight.
    I could get it adjusted but I run the risk of dust/ scratches etc and who knows how long my daily will be away so I’ve opted to “live” with it.

Hope you otherwise love your Pelly.
    Thanks. Upon closer inspection it changes at 1157 pm so 3 minutes. Seems like I should probably live with it as well. Thanks for the response. Watch is awesome.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

For fun I tested my ball canonball chrono and my wife’s datejust. The Ball changes at midnight on the nose. Woman’s datejust Changed At 1157 pm.

Considering that it changes at nearly midnight is a feat in itself. We are talking about very minute movements in cog wheels and gears to "count" the hours until the right time to tip over to the next day and there is always some amount of accuracy / free play / slack whatever you understand them to be. Watch designers employ different methods to advance the date and I think 11.57pm is near enough to midnight unless you need to get home before the clock strikes 12

Further reading can be found here. https://www.ablogtowatch.com/watches-date-displays/

In case you're wondering, my wife's Datejust 31 advances at about 1 minute past midnight, both our Ball Watches tick over exactly at midnight and my LIV (7750 movement) advances somewhere between 11.45pm (day) and 12.03am (date). The thought of taking the watch apart did cross my mind but then the fear of stuffing it up was worse so I will live with it.

My Pelagos (before i sold it) behaved this way too where if i manually advance the time, the date wheel changed at 11:55 pm. Seems to be normal behavior but this also drove me mad so I sold it.

You sold it just for that reason?

Are you actually watching this change in real time at midnight or manually advancing the hands slowly using the crown. They can show different (accuracy) mine is a few seconds after midnight, maybe 20? I honestly couldn't care less as im either asleep or too drunk to see the hour hand let alone the date. More importantly is the day to day accuracy of it and its very good. Fantastic watch, especially the blue for summer. Welcome to club Pelagos (not Pelly please)

Bought mine a couple of months ago brand new at an AD. Found out after a few days that the date changes at 12:09. Called the AD and they said i could bring it back and they would fix it but i'd be without the watch for about 2 weeks since they would also check the PR and timekeeping. I chose to live with it for now. Might bring it back before the warranty is expired though.
    Gone but not forgotten :
    Hamilton Khaki King
    Squale 1521
    Longines Hydroconquest
    Damasko DA34
    Tudor Hydronaut
    Seiko 6309 7040
    Tag Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 CV2011
    Seiko sbdc051 jdm
    Hamilton Khaki Aviation Pilot 46mm
    Stowa Flieger TO2
    Tudor Heritage Black Bay Red
    Omega Planet Ocean XL 2200.50.00
    Breitling Colt a17380

Current rotation :
    Gshock GW7900
    Edox Chronoffshore-1
    Omega Seamaster Pro Chrono 2598.80
    Tudor Pelagos 25600TN
    Panerai Radiomir Black Seal 8 days Pam 609

Straight out of the box mine changed at 12:03. Hasn't budged from that changeover in years.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information