Is the Tudor Pepsi GMT on a bracelet scarce?
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Is the Tudor Pepsi GMT on a bracelet scarce?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Is the Tudor Pepsi GMT on a bracelet scarce?

Hi guys
    I saw one for sale in an AD window yesterday
    was surprised
    no waiting list? Not even kept in a safe for repeat customers
    just sat in the window
    it looked great and I was tempted
    Ive seen a couple in the past year but always on leather
    simon
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" Jim Elliot - Missionary, Martyr

Re: Is the Tudor Pepsi GMT on a bracelet scarce?

I've never seen one. I asked at my local AD on Black Friday and the sales person said that they had never seen one or the BB58 either!

This is all very dependent on your location. It seems like it's harder to actually find desirable watches in big cities with a high population density. I assume this is because you have more potential buyers vs a small town.
    ross2187 likes this.

My Tudor AD had a 58 on strap last week (went in 2 days) and this week a GMT on bracelet - maybe its Christmas and they are putting stock out?
    My city in UK has 100,000 pop, many are students, so not huge. I guess if it were in London it would be snapped up, indeed, they probably have a long waiting list?
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" Jim Elliot - Missionary, Martyr

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Seems like the reports of widespread availability are mostly coming from the UK, but thatís not necessarily supported by data

They are high demand watches I've learnt, more so in larger population cities. If one is willing to wait more of a surity than the professional rolexes.

Surity as investment return or surity as attainment at some point?
    Is the Pepsi Tudor a worthwhile investment?

Iíve checked at the AD in Pittsburgh and one I deal with in Seattle and they both sorta laughed... watching for one for me didnít sound like any time soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Simon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Surity as investment return or surity as attainment at some point?
    Is the Pepsi Tudor a worthwhile investment?
    Re: investment I think it totally depends on how fast they push their retail price up. Iím expecting a price increase soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There seems to be a bit more availability in the UK and Europe than elsewhere. I've had two ADs call me about BB58s (on waiting list for a SubDate) in the last couple of months - both also had GMTs in stock. I know of one AD that has the GMT in stock on leather as of yesterday.

Turn around is definitely picking up. I think in the UK its probably a 3 month wait now, compared to 6-8 months earlier in the year. Not sure if GMT demand has dipped a bit after the date issue.

Edit: Difficult to say about investment value really. At the moment its a pretty sure bet that you'll probably get your money back if you buy from an AD and keep it in great condition - but I think if Rolex catch up with demand and their GMT starts showing up for retail price, the Tudor GMT demand will drop.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Stewpot; 2 Days Ago at 16:22.
    Simon likes this.

Ive spoken to a couple of ADs about a different watch. Availability cropped up and they said the BB GMT and 58 on bracelet are very hard to get at the moment (in the UK). I can see why. Give customers a choice of 1 and theyll come back for the bracelet at some point and its going to cost way more than the price difference between the strap and bracelet on the watch.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information